Must have tackle.

Cranfield

What a beauty..!

I am glad it comes with instructions.

Do you think we could paint the fish with red and white rings?

In fact if we cut the cackle and go straight for the model that fires the spear then we can dispense with the float etc. They just get in a mess in the asda bag anyway.

Then we wont be hurting the fishies poor ol bee stung lips.

Nice wun

gud luk this weekend everywun

"Muddlin' along"

The one pictured is junk. Reel is OK but only for tiddlers. The clutch just isn't up to it.

But one made properly could have a use. Imagine this if you will:

- You are fishing from a boat.

- The lake you are fishing is packed with houses backing up to the water.

- Around 99+% of the houses have their own boat dock. In fact, they are the major cover & structure on the lake.

- The docks are usually around 2-3 feet above the water.

- The larger fish love to hang around waayyyy back under the dock. Shade, shelter, great ambush point.

- If you can get a lure deep under the dock, you stand a good chance of catching a biggun.

- You currently use two main methods for trying to get your lure deep under the dock.

...A flat, hard toss designed to hit the water just under the edge of the dock and skip back into the air so it goes in a bit deeper.

...Lying belly-down on the bow of your boat with bail open and line held by a finger. Lure in the other hand and just enough line out so you can pull and make the rod into a sort of bow with the lure acting as the arrow. Release with perfect timing and it will probably go some ways under the dock.

Hmmmm. That gun thing starts to look interesting.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Interestingly Newt, the scenario that you paint is exactly where a 40 pound pike came out of the Norfolk Broads last year.

The ducks and drakes cast that you mention can be a great success. But a bait boat would make life a great deal easier. And if you don't catch anything then you and your buddies can hold World Bait Boat Championships!

Just a thought, bait boats dropping depth charges. Well, why not? Baitboats can come complete with fishfinders that transmit information to the angler on the bank, this seems a reasonable progression. Blast a barbel! Pulverise a pike! This could be a whole new dimension to angling. Carp contact on the starboard side! Pow!!

If it has a 'muzzle' energy of over 6 ft lbs, you might need a Firearm Certificate to own one. If that is the case you might have to have each place of use inspected and certified safe by the UK Police.

[ 03. May 2003, 06:45 AM: Message edited by: Jim Roper ]

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Exactly what I was thinking too. You do not even have to have a proper gun to be charged with Firearms offences. Airpistols, Peppersprays and some Waterpistols are covered by current laws so I would imagine that something like that would require some sort of certification. There is no way that you would be allowed to fire a hook-laden projectile, at speed, anywhere. I also imagine that a gun capable of launching lead is pretty illegal.

I have to ask myself, what's the point? Surely fishing should be a skill, something you learn, improve on etc. Using a gun to fire a bait around is a worse concept than a bait-boat. Using a boat can get you a deadbait or a kilo of pellets out to your marker accurately without wasting lots of time and energy for instance but this stupid gun? Oh no....I,m being drawn into an arguement...I hate it already. It shall go in Room 101 with Bubble floats and Ultrabite.

AFinalAnimation.gif

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...