The Method

garyb72

I had another go with the Method feeder yesterday on a different lake, still quite well stocked. Action was slower than last week (possibly due to the sweltering conditions) but I did manage a nice 9.25 common and a couple of others. I tried using braid hooklink instead of mono as the mono tended to get a bit mis-shapen after a few takes. Unfortunately I found a snag during one retrieve and lost one whole feeder but luckily had a spare with me. One lake near me has a no groundbait rule, does this preclude the use of a method feeder (I tend to use scaled pellets)? As Roland says the method rig is dead simple and offers some variation to just sticking out basic bottom bait rigs for carp.

I did a bit of surface fishing yesterday but it was extremely frustrating as the carp polished off all the freebies leaving my bait (mixer) as the last one quite often. I did manage to fool a couple though (or they were just greedy) although the biggest was only about 8lb.

Edited by garyb72

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting stuff but not something I've ever used. Can anyone suggest mixes that don't involve Vitalin - speciffically, something that I might be able to put together from ingredients available in rural India ?

Pretty much any groundbait will do, just mix it stiff and stodgy so it sticks to the frame of the feeder. Using syrupy liquids like molasses to mix it will help make it sticky.

Edited by Rob Ward

Interesting stuff but not something I've ever used. Can anyone suggest mixes that don't involve Vitalin - speciffically, something that I might be able to put together from ingredients available in rural India ?

in india you should be able to get hold of millet flour or corn meal,use this as the binder then had hookbaits or make a massive boilie

some type of bread?