This Forum and Firefox

ColinW

Aargh!!

For months I've not been able to reply to posts or create new ones at home. I have to put in a reply and then use the quick edit function. I'd put that down to Vista but now after Firefox just updated itself I'm having the same problem at work on XP! If I try to post anything I don't get a "caret" in the editing box (I'm doing this on Internet Explorer which I hate using)

This is the only site I've had this problem.

If things don't get better I am going to have to do some work and that makes me ill on a friday afternoon!

I am now on Firefox 3.6.18

I don't want to upgrade to version 4 because the guy I share the office with did that and now half the sites he uses don't work!

after Newts pointing out V5 was out i downloaded it and V4's reluctance to work with this site has now gone

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Yep, same here. Not so much for me with THIS site but overall! I had a myriad of problem which have ALL but disappeared now! And I do know they have withdrawn support now for 3.6* as well!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Aargh!!

For months I've not been able to reply to posts or create new ones at home. I have to put in a reply and then use the quick edit function. I'd put that down to Vista but now after Firefox just updated itself I'm having the same problem at work on XP! If I try to post anything I don't get a "caret" in the editing box (I'm doing this on Internet Explorer which I hate using)

This is the only site I've had this problem.

If things don't get better I am going to have to do some work and that makes me ill on a friday afternoon!

I am now on Firefox 3.6.18

I don't want to upgrade to version 4 because the guy I share the office with did that and now half the sites he uses don't work!

Are you on the "standard" view?

If not click on options and change to standard and see if that helps.

Colin - it was some sort of bug in FFv4 I think rather than any local settings someone had. Not everyone running FFv4 was affected but we never found any sort of fix for those of us who were.

All I could comfortably do was use the fast reply box to reply and the quick edit feature to make edits. I could put in a new topic as long as I could assume I knew the position of my cursor (it was invisible) and correct any mistakes by back spacing until the mistake was gone. Otherwise I had to open IE and use it to do what was needed.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President