KP MORRITT INTREPID CONTINENTAL REEL

Hi All

PLEASE can anyone give me any information as to the history of this reel ?

I have two reels one green left hand wind and one black which looks to be left and right hand

wind but the handle only fits one side !!!!

Did this reel come with some sort of adapter for the handle or was it originaly supplied with two

handles ?

I would be most pleased to hear from anyone with any information about this reel however small.

THANK YOU in anticipation of a reply.

Kind Regards

Photos would really help. You can't post them via the board facility until you reach full membership at post #15 but if you use an online site such as photobucket, you can post a link from there. Use the format that starts with [img

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

the handle will fit you have to screw it on the right way ;)

deceptive they have a hole for a screw and a thread ,yours will screw on if its the right handle for the reel

the black version was a bodge at best the rhs handle operates a cam its not actually fixed to the gear wheel like the other side

the box is just a bog standard continental box with a sticker saying ambidextrous

Elton used to run a "collectors" .net dooda but its now gone ,it had many intrepids on

my favourite intrepid of the 50's i am lucky to have a drawing of it by the designer in its rare tournament disguise (i wish i had the tourno reel but these get high prices when they turn up)

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

the handle will fit you have to screw it on the right way ;)

deceptive they have a hole for a screw and a thread ,yours will screw on if its the right handle for the reel

the black version was a bodge at best the rhs handle operates a cam its not actually fixed to the gear wheel like the other side

the box is just a bog standard continental box with a sticker saying ambidextrous

Elton used to run a "collectors" .net dooda but its now gone ,it had many intrepids on

my favourite intrepid of the 50's i am lucky to have a drawing of it by the designer in its rare tournament disguise (i wish i had the tourno reel but these get high prices when they turn up)

Many Thanks for the information and yes the handle that I have does screw on to make it

left hand wind.

I never noticed the thread right at the back of the handle Thank You.

Saved me searching for something that does not exist.

I can now move on.

I now have one version of a junior (were there more) two versions of the standard two versions of the intrepid

three versions of the de luxe !

can I politly ask if there were more.

Kind Regards

Many Thanks for the information and yes the handle that I have does screw on to make it

left hand wind.

I never noticed the thread right at the back of the handle Thank You.

Saved me searching for something that does not exist.

I can now move on.

I now have one version of a junior (were there more) two versions of the standard two versions of the intrepid

three versions of the de luxe !

can I politly ask if there were more.

Kind Regards

probably to many to mention ,the odd difference on the outside but mostly inside ,i know of 4 slightly different juniors i have no doubt there are more ,over 6 versions of the standard.

what you seek is the hardest to find it was never written down the variations only the reel themselves it why collecting the buggers is a long job and some prototypes i doubt will ever be found ,i have a couple but i have never seen one on open sale .

Morritt had many patents some of which were never made.

the deluxe was fairly long in production (for morritt) so there would be scores of improvements in that time but few visible to a casual glance

when you get a green version of the continental ,look closely something strange? there is and i know why ;)

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I have had a green Continental for many years (it's in retirement as the bail arm is so worn it shreds the line) Never noticed anything strange about it. If you want Chesters1 you can PM me about it to keep others in the dark <_<

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

PM sent ;)

just found out where "collectors corner" went :oops:

i never see the main page of AN i come straight here by "bookmarks"

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/vintage-fishin...ontinental.html

Edited by chesters1

probably to many to mention ,the odd difference on the outside but mostly inside ,i know of 4 slightly different juniors i have no doubt there are more ,over 6 versions of the standard.

what you seek is the hardest to find it was never written down the variations only the reel themselves it why collecting the buggers is a long job and some prototypes i doubt will ever be found ,i have a couple but i have never seen one on open sale .

the deluxe was fairly long in production (for morritt) so there would be scores of improvements in that time but few visible to a casual glance

when you get a green version of the continental ,look closely something strange? there is and i know why ;)

Thanks once again for the reply. I have got a green vesion of the continental and I am intrigued by your comment

I have looked at the reel and apart from the cosmetic differences not noticed anything strange. If you want to save

this information till I can PM I understand. I cant be far of the magic 15 posts now.

Would it be too much of an ask for you to provide a list of KP MORRITTS in the order they appeared up to the

Supreme.

Thank You in anticipation of your reply.

• 1 month later...

I now have two versions of the Junior one with metal gear one with balck plastic gear. PLEASE can anyone tell me if there are other versions and how to identify them.

THANK YOU.

Still cant find the something strange on the green continental !!!!! PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 months later...
Hi All

PLEASE can anyone give me any information as to the history of this reel ?

I have two reels one green left hand wind and one black which looks to be left and right hand

wind but the handle only fits one side !!!!

Did this reel come with some sort of adapter for the handle or was it originaly supplied with two

handles ?

I would be most pleased to hear from anyone with any information about this reel however small.

THANK YOU in anticipation of a reply.

Kind Regards