barbel

barbelbillo

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah mate - two barbel on Saturday night - from the Ribble :D:D two nice Chub thrown in too :D :cool:

Welcome to AN by the way !!

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

hello there - no size really, I'd guess about two pounds apiece, one of the chub was about three. I was trottin a waggler across from avenham park.

got a leak in my waders though, feet were gettin cold so had to call it a night, they were just startin to bite too - all fell to yellow maggots.

got in the river at seven, 1st bite at nine, can't wait till the tides sort themselves out so I can get a few sessions in after work.

you had any decent ones from Brockholes?..(and managed to not get you're car broken into :mad: :mad: )

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

its not to bad for parking now,between 6pm and 6am you can park on the quarry where the night watchman is,so thats good.fished it twice this season,first session was a blank and the second session i had a fish of 10.04.is there any fish of this size at avenham?

10.04? nice fish man......I was across from avenham last week, and some 'creature' snapped me, went like the clappers into a snag, so I can only assume it was a barbel, and it felt 'BIG'. I was fishin with a float rod and 5lb line, nearly dragged me in!!...I caught my first barbel about three weeks ago, I've had 8 since then. rapidly becoming my favourite fish, even the two's I've caught a put up some stiff resistance, I can only imagine what a 10lber would go like...hmmm one day

- WC Fields

keep plugin away,i did suspect they might be as low down the river as that,you might have to step up your tackle a bit though.i've spent a lot of time at the deeps and the shores arms,had alot of 10 pound plus fish up to 13.07,you could try there if you are after a biggie,its not easy though so dont let a few blanks put you off.really big chub to,although i've not had them myself :confused:

I know the quarry you mean, is it the one near the tickle trout hotel? ive wondered if eventually it will become a fishable gravel pit, maybe it'll match some of them southern ones. cos we've nowt up north (non i know of any way)

rich.

Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail

hi rob,i do mean the one by the m6 bridge,but actually right in the grounds of the quarry.when you say elston hall i presume you mean the preston centre controlled stretch.it is pretty good,there are a few good barbel and chub swims all containing fish into double figures. :)