quivertip fishing help required?

Jonah13

this born again angler has only started back this year and only fished using a waggler/ stick float on the bottom or on the drop.

a few questions if anyone can help, "little and often" everywhere i read articles for general fishing this time of year, the expert states offer less freebies than in warm weather as the fish dont tend too feed as often or consume as much. I was going to give Quivertip legering or swim-feeding a go but surely the swim feeder contains more than a few freebies?

Can anyone point out a beginners type guide to set up rigs etc for this type of fishing please?

Jonah, I know it sounds confusing, but to use Rex Hunt's explanation - If you had a class of 100 kids and threw a tin of sweets on the floor, pandemonium would reign for a few minutes until the sweets were all gone. But if you threw a few sweets every few minutes, the kids would wait for them and fight for them. This could go on all day.

As to the feeder, what I normally do is cast out an empty feeder with just the hook bait every second or third cast.

Jonah, please note that in order to cast accurately, pick a "target" (a tree, a building,etc) on the opposite side of the river, clipping up using a seperate piece of line in your clip (put one side in the clip, cast, put your mainline in between and clip up the other side.) That way, you are casting to the same spot every time.

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

kleinboet:

Jonah, please note that in order to cast accurately, pick a "target" (a tree, a building,etc) on the opposite side of the river, clipping up using a seperate piece of line in your clip (put one side in the clip, cast, put your mainline in between and clip up the other side.)  That way, you are casting to the same spot every time.

I'm about to go down for the third time on that one. You totally lost me.

The main thing when using a quivertip is to sit at allmost right angles to your hookbait, and tighten up to it so you get a slight bend in the tip then if you get a dropback the tip will straighten or pull right round on a decent take. Use the most sensitive tip you have, and strike at any twitch till you get the feel mate..

glad to help

Sometimes the strike is very tiny and after several minutes of watching a thin tip your eyes will begin to play tricks on you. This is where the target board comes in. It can be used with swingtips or quivertips and it consists of a board on a stick placed as a background to the tip. Most anglers make up their own target boards by painting a piece of plastic or wood a dull color and putting in a series of parallel lines to act as reference points. When the tip moves there will be a steady background to watch instead of water or leaves. This is much kinder on the eyes. In addition the target board may serve as wind break for the tip and add to the sensitivity of the system.

I still do when ledgering. :D:D:D

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.