have you seen this

rickster

unfortunetly yes i have,ian welch highlighted it in AM,i as going to post a message about it but i thought most have the sense not to use it as it DOES look dangerous.any leads as to who exactly is making them?i wouldnt mind mailing them :mad: imagine you playing a fish with one of them on,the damge those wires could do doesnt bear thinking about.

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

Errr - how do fish and weight ever come into contact?

Posted Image

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

newt,the majority of people dont fish like that for barbel(your rig) the problems would arise from short hooklinksand fishing them as bolt set ups.personally i think a flat in-line pear is much better,no nasty looking wires to catch on the fish as said.these types of leads are used in sea angling ,they are fished as newt has drawn,but NOT in freshwater.(well maybe in the states?)

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

Newt:

Errr - how do fish and weight ever come into contact?

Usually when netting, but it can also happen with a lively fish that doubles back on itself.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I use wired leads all the time when sea fishing, I've never damaged a fish with one yet!

then again I do tend to use much longer traces for sea fishing that I do when coarse fishing!

Mat

not being funny mat but i also do alot of sea fishing. The reason you wont usually come into contact with a fish with you lead is all due to the way you sea fish. I know when i go barbel fishing with maybe 8lb line its alot finer and moves alot more naturaly then aa 15 or 25lb line, you tend to use alot shorter hook links as well and as the current is alot stronger in the sea than a river the current takes the weight away from fish. Also barbel fishing tends to be get your weight where you can see them. shallower water as well so the fish have less of a chance to move out of the way

Visit our NEW FISHING Website (now updatedANGLERS-TALES