tench flavours?

kendo

thanks for all your suggestions will give them all a try at sometime,but I have available to me the following,

worms(lob)plenty,sweetcorn,bread,scopex liquid,hemp,luncheon meat,artificial sweetcorn (tutti fruity)flavour.

I have wrestled with reality for 46 years,still wrestling.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will let you know tommorow evening how I got on but it is only the first of many outings over the next 2wks,so if I blank I will call it a practice session :D

sing! I'm on me holidays :D

a useful one for maggotts is garam masalla powder. it also works well for perch and roach. it also works well blended with maple, a bit of a sweet and sour!!!

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk

The ones that work for me are (in order of success):

mega tutti-frutti (ethyl alcohol)

bramble jelly or cranberry

strawberry

pineapple & mango

scopex

chocolate malt

Try mixing neat flavour with runny honey, then dipping the bait straight into this mix before casting. Tench just love sweet flavours, far more so than carp IMHO.

BTW, don't expect to keep your secret dip secret for too long. Once you've started using it, megga tutti-frutti leaves a such a pong on everything that it can be detected several hundred yards away!

Oh, and make sure that any bait you use is critically balanced, so that it just sinks. With boilies, this makes a BIG difference (as in: the difference between huge success and total failure).

Bruno

www.bruno-broughton.co.uk

'He who laughs, lasts'

I agree with Fred, maple is a great tench flavour that's been succesful for a long time. It was originally developed tor carp fishing, but tench became a pest on it!

The best flavours I've ever used are Archie Braddocks (see www.braddocksbaits.co.uk). He does an excellent maple, and I've also done extremely well with his Tench Magic, which of course was formulated especially for tench.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

well I said I would let you all know how I got on,I blanked so did my mate not even a bite between us,no signs of fish at all no feeding bubbles no nothing,tried all four swims not a touch,I think this fishing lark is silly. :o:D