dirty fu**ers

mike birtles

During a recent visit to the ribble at Elston I was disgusted to find the bank strewn with empty cans of beer, luncheon meat, bread bags, groundbait bags, deadbait bags. etc. :confused:

I dont know why certain anglers have to be so careless and try to ruin it for everyone else. :mad:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is an area of the Basingstoke canal in Woking where you can see the bivvies from the road. There's usually 4-5 on a good weekend. The anglers cars are parked on the verge about 20yds away. It's guaranteed that on Monday morning on my way to work I see many black bags piled up or carriers hung on the trees. What would it take to chuck the bags in their cars until they got home....or maybe their cars are so full of gear they have no room!!!

Colin

I am dyslexic of Borg, refistance is sutile.............your ass will be laminated!

I was down there last week mike,its a digrace,they dont care what they do,caught a bloke hiding a bag full of crap down there last year,told him to take it home with him,he told me were to go,then for some reason he decided to go for a swim,must of tripped,lolol,told the farmer,he's banned now,

Did you catch when you went Mike.

i`m surprised about the canal obviasly the bailiffs arnt doing their jobs ( i worked on the hampshire end in the 70`s) i`m not sure who owns the canal there but bivvies could be an obstruction on the towpath :( to night fish on the canal a night permit is required so i`m sure they could find out the offenders names if they wanted too

in farnham AS any members leaving litter are warned then if they do it again their out :mad: unfortunatly our bailiffs are only "voluntary" so fit their visits in going to work and leaving so a person could fish for most of the day without being known of :(

i keep volunteering for a full time job but their too tight

[ 03. March 2003, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

My local free pond has so much litter around it in the summer it is a real disgrace, now the coucil are threatenning to remove all the fish and leave it as a duck pond in a bid to prevent the bad litter problem. I am hoping t pursuade a group of us to volunteer to remove the litter from time to time but I feel we will be fighting a losing battle. it annoys me when a minority spoil it for every one.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

I know you don't get over this way much Chesters but this is the section I mean...

http://www.basingstokecanalaa.co.uk/maps6.htm

on the left by Hermitage Bridge, there is a bay that is very popular.

If you look at the BCAA committee http://www.basingstokecanalaa.co.uk/execut...vecommittee.htm

nobody lives between Aldershot and Chertsey which may account for it.

Colin

I am dyslexic of Borg, refistance is sutile.............your ass will be laminated!

There is a bridge at Thornton. I have no doubt that from that bridge such greats as Dick Walker, Fred J, Peter Stone, the Taylors (need I say more) have stared down at the river. It's the bridge overlooking "Walkers" stretch of the Great Ouse.

I doubt any of those great men felt the need to throw their old 3-piece suite over that bridge and into the river. But some b*st*rd did just recently...

I've taken home a car bootful of litter - beer cans, bags etc. from the layby there. I don't think their is much I can do about the sofa. There is also bits of van, bike, you name it. I hate some people, I really do...

a bay is called a "flash" :confused: its where the boats turned or there was a loading bay , seems they should start making draconian measures regarding the litter :( it looks like the head bailiff wants replacing and them finding a person that WILL deal with the problem :)

[ 03. March 2003, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Just go to any day ticket stretch of the Trent and you will sickened by the amount of rubbish left by anglers. You get quite a few beer cans but it's mostly two litre pop bottles and crisp packets. After a match you can guarantee to find loads of empty worm tubs.

It's the same where ever you go though. Just walk along any route that kids take to school,and every hedge and bush will be full of bottles, cans and sweet wrappers. When a teenager was interviewed about the litter problem in one of the local papers, he said he didn't know what all the fuss was about because the council were paid to clear it all up.

I wish somebody could come up with an answer to it because it is becoming endemic. I don't know if people either don't realise or just don't care, but discarded ring-pull cans are almost perfect traps for small animals. They are attracted by the sweet residue inside the cans, but find it impossible to escape because of the inward facing aluminium flap. I think I would quite like to introduce capital punishment for litter louts. That's one way to solve it.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.