Shads

Quest

simon youell:

Try the halographic shads about 4-5in,fox do some good ones,

Fox in the Roach Pattern in the 4" and 5" is very good. Had few small ones on them

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strangely enough I have found, when using otherwise identical spoons, that silver and floro pink has outfished silver & red. The same goes for floro red versus floro pink mag-grubz. Newt very kindly sent me some soft worms etc and he included a bag of floro pink beads, so I guess pink is the colour that side of the pond too.

By the way Newt, that Pro Bass XPS soft bodied lure with a black back and white belly fished it's socks off the other day. Don't know what they cost compared with our Fox Shads but it really is a great lure, thanks. Hard to beat a really good shad!

[ 15. January 2005, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

Peter, thanks for sharing your wisdom on circle hooks. I can see what you mean about letting the hook hang loose - by it's very nature it's not going to get hung up too often, is it?

Do you think big circle hooks would work on plugs, as a replacement for trebles?

Fenboy

As Peter said though best place to buy is from the sea angling mags and dump baskets. ALL the shads come from China!! PERIOD!! (Or as near as makes no difference!) And they are all bagged for each individual maker, but are all the same gear. So do not be dragged in by the likes of FOX etc., they are exactly the same goods as say some of the less well known makers.

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

I don't think all shads are made in China (unless I'm being a bit naive). My current favourites are Storm's (I think they're called Swimming Shads). They come rigged, with a belly treble and a big single. They suspend. And although I haven't got any packaging to check, I'm pretty sure they're made in the USA.

They're brilliant, by the way. During the autumn they were outperforming everything else I tried.

Fenboy

I've just gone back to my last order from Cabela's and can tell you that the shads I rate best are in fact called STORM SALTWATER SUSPENDING WILD EYE SWIM BAITS. (I'm not shouting, I've just copied and pasted from the emailed confirmation and I can't be bothered to rewrite it in upper and lower case).

But I do agree that the majority of unrigged shads are all much the same and certain companies do charge premium prices for the same stuff you can buy cheaper elsewhere.

Fenboy