My First Successful Day Fishing........hurraa!

craynerd

Newt:

LRR (Long Range Release) is simple enough. Just make sure the fish gets off at least 20 yards away from the bank and before it ever surfaces.

You've lost me, Newt. Is this a jokey way of saying the best fish is the 'one that got away!? :confused:

john clarke

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think so Flyin tench :P

Here fishy fishy.......

140 hours of blanking at Carcus!! 2 carp runs and countless bream .

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

Newt. Is this a jokey way of saying the best fish is the 'one that got away!?

John - LRR a joke? Goodness no.

If I lose a fish at 50 yards and it never surfaced, said fish can immediately become whatever size and species I choose.

Works even better over here too since we don't have known fish and the size of the largest ones in a lake is completly unknown.

Errrr - I think the 72lb common carp I LRR'd last week would have been a new state record if I only could have gotten it verified.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

lol

Here fishy fishy.......

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

Hopefully Newt's advice has worked and there should be a photo below

http://www.go-fishing.org/upload/files/PICT0001 reduced.bmp

edit note: no spaces in the file name. Change the name PICT0001 reduced.bmp to PICT0001-reduced.bmp on your PC before you upload it and ...

Posted Image

[ 01. March 2005, 07:49 AM: Message edited by: Newt ]

a fish,a fish, my kingdom for a fish

http://www.go-fishing.org/upload/files/PICT0001%20reduced.bmp

You did everything right!! just use capslock....thats ur picture tho...nice catch :D

Chris

[ 01. March 2005, 07:24 AM: Message edited by: craynerd ]

Here fishy fishy.......

Guest sslatter

craynerd:

Occasionally when i cast in i noticed my hook got tangled with my float, ultimately cutting out and lot of its length and tangling. I found a good way to combat this <SNIP> straightening the line and causing a better cast. Is this a common method?

Hi craynerd.. yes, it's called "feathering", or "feathering the line". Usually needed with an overhead cast, but once you get the hang of sideways casting, i.e. 'backhand' or 'forehand', you'll find you won't need to feather, as the rig will straighten out by itself, once you get the hang of it.

All the best.

[ 01. March 2005, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: Graham. X ]