River ant

Lee-sox

Does anyone know what the fishing is like on the river ant, particularly the pike fishing.

Also does anyone know where i can hire a cruiser for the week for under £250 :P

[ 13. August 2003, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: Bulster ]

Fly like a mouse

Run like a cushion

Be the small bookcase!!

I have always done alright with the Roach and Bream on the River Ant, particularly around How Hill. I didn't have much success with Pike on the river but last winter someone recommended I try at Irstead, just below Barton Broad. He reckoned there were always a few fish there where the church is by the river. Never got around to it though. I don't know about cheap cruisers but you could try phoning the smaller boatyards direct rather than going through the likes of Blakes or Hoseasons.

I would go with MattP on Irstead or even around the corner at Neatishead.

Boats.... try Richardsons for last minute deals... off peak you can get a cruiser for a day rate.

"Muddlin' along"

Fishing can be great on the Ant.

How Hill is a great spot.

I have caught Roach, Bream, Skimmers,Perch, Eels and Gudgeon all on the waggler at this spot.

I have seen pike caught up toward Barton broad.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

cheers guys

i was thinking of renting a floating house thingy on the ant and that sort of limits how far we can move.

we are going to go to as many boat yards as possible tomorrow to see what we can blag :D

Fly like a mouse

Run like a cushion

Be the small bookcase!!