Northumberland ifca EGM

So if I was fishing on the beach and a fisheries officer was to walk up to me and say “ routine inspection can I have a look at your catch” and while I am here I will take a few details off you” so your saying that I don’t have to say anything to the fisheries officer?

Yep you have the right to remain silent…………….

Think I read somewhere that it’s going to be fisheries officers. Is it not apart of the coastal access act?

Flapper.

Some IFCAs are doing the data collection in house that could see warrant officers asking the questions. Not what was intended btw.

Three IFCAs are now out altogether with one still to decide.

Hi Barry, I think that the MMO and ifcas will be doing the count, who else would be asked to do it?

http://www.cefas.defra.gov.uk/our-science/...ea-angling.aspx

Looks as if the ifca, s are going to have to manage (if any) legislation in the future regarding rsa.

http://www.defra.gov.uk/news/2011/07/15/sea-angling-survey/

Flapper.

CEFAS agent will collect data from shore and private boat anglers other than in IFCAs like Sussex that are doing it in house. MMO are tasked to collect data from the Charter Boats and the Office of national stats Home and phone survey.

Those IFCAs collecting data to later have to manage any restrictions are impo on thin ice.

This info brought to you by member of the steering group for ‘Angling 2012’ and the RSA-UK.ORG aka Muppet show?

Mods please feel free to remove the last three words.

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep you have the right to remain silent…………….

Some IFCAs are doing the data collection in house that could see warrant officers asking the questions. Not what was intended btw.

Three IFCAs are now out altogether with one still to decide.

CEFAS agent will collect data from shore and private boat anglers other than in IFCAs like Sussex that are doing it in house. MMO are tasked to collect data from the Charter Boats and the Office of national stats Home and phone survey.

Those IFCAs collecting data to later have to manage any restrictions are impo on thin ice.

This info brought to you by member of the steering group for ‘Angling 2012’ and the RSA-UK.ORG aka Muppet show?

Mods please feel free to remove the last three words.

thanks