bigmick

Hi.

I havnt been fishing for about 10 years or so apart from the odd time. I have never really been any good but decided to get my tackle back out and do something about it.

Can anyone give me any good places to fish near Blackpool. I know a few fisheries but thought about trying canals.

Also can anyone help me on split shot, i.e. How many BB's to a SSG and so forth.

Many thanks.

Mick

This might help:

Approx. weight of each split shot in grammes -

SSG - 1.6g

AAA - 0.8g

BB - 0.4g

No. 1 - 0.3g

No. 4 - 0.2g

No. 6 - 0.1g

Sorry, don't know of any fisheries near Blackpool, though...

bigmick,the subject of shot conversion as recently come up ,so i did a search through the recent threads (using the excellent search facility) and found This thread

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Mick, I think it works out in old language as

1 ssg = 2 aaa

1 aaa = 2 bb

1bb = 2 no4

Could be wrong on the last one though, its not something I think about too often these days!!!!

Theres a lot of grams given for reference but they may as well put the info down in Chinese for all the sense it makes to me. I`ll have a look through one of my old books and see if theres a more comprehensive list.

wolf.gif

• 4 years later...