norfolk broads

ben88

Newt, when I went to download IeSpell it offered a number of options based on server, non of which I use.

By the way, I did send Benn88 a p.m early on on this thread. Hopefully it helped a little. Argyll gave all the relevant advice by recommending John Wilson's book on fishing in Norfolk and Suffolk. It's an indispensible guide and worth every penny and all that anyone could need.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, rant over for me and it may well have been a cultural thing I completely mis-read. Happens to me sometimes and if so, apologies to all who may have taken offense.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ieSpell - now I'm confused. From their intro

quote:

Introduction

ieSpell is a free Internet Explorer browser extension that spell checks text input boxes on a webpage. It should come in particularly handy for users who do a lot of web-based text entry (e.g. web mails, forums, blogs, diaries). Even if your web application already includes spell checking functionality, you might still want to install this utility because it is definitely much faster than a server-side solution. Plus you get to store and use your personal word list across all your applications, instead of maintaining separate ones on each application.

The program installs as a new button in the IE toolbar (as well as a new menu item under "Tools") - after filling in a form, just hit the ieSpell button and it pops up a dialog, similar to the MS Word spell check. ieSpell also works (right-click menu only) on other IE based browsers such as SlimBrowser, CrazyBrowser, MSN, MyIE, etc.

The only mention of 'server' I see is them saying their app is faster than a 'server-side' spell checker even if one is available. That simply means you have a local spell checker that works faster than one would if run from a server you had access to.

I have no real agenda here. It's just a little utility I tried (hey, it's free) and absolutely loved. Maybe I should have just linked to their Download page.

[ 22. July 2004, 01:56 AM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Not that big a difference in times. 10pm here. I'll be getting off work in another hour and a half.

Sunlight will be reaching you folks a lot sooner than it will over here though.

Posted Image

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President