northern fishin

Guest scoobs11

We won't be coming after all. Matthew can not get the time off & something has cropped up that I need to be around for at the weekend.

I am really sorry as I was looking forward to meeting more of ANs posters. I hope there will be another one sometime.

Hope you all have a great weekend & catch loads.

lyn

Guest Martin Salisbury

Hi Scoobs,

I'm hoping to get there Saturday early evening, possibly just for an overnight until morning

Do you have a phone number that I can call you on to get some more info? E-mail me

Thanks

Martin

[This message has been edited by Martin Salisbury (edited 01 August 2001).]

Guest NigelT

If anyone wants to check out Oakbank in print and how it used to be before the top lake was divided into two, there was a good series of articles by Geoff Boots in Carpworld. I think they were in the issues somewhere in the region of no's 70 to 80.

They are well worth reading, Geoff managed to locate four big carp in 15 acres of water and set about catching them. Twenty pound fish at that time were a rarity, they were quite old and were original stock not recently stocked big fish that you find in so many waters these days.

Guest phil dean

Now then Geordie Lad, not having back issues of this, could anyone fax me a copy?

cheers

phil

------------------

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Guest phil dean

what are the numbers now scoobs (her ladyship has seen the weather report and is not, definatly not, coming biggrin.gif)

beer purchased, tent packed, still got to buy hooks, bait etc but now "very" excited. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

------------------

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Guest NigelT

Phil,

I am at work tomorrow, if you come around the back of MWM school and see a Toyota Carina I will be in the office directly above. I will bring the appropriate article into work.

Guest phil dean

Thanks Nigel, the way i'm feeling I may well be at home tomorrow.

Can anyone recomend a good bait shop on the way, as I'll have no chance to pick it up in Newcastle.

Guest scoobs11

phil £6 is for the day

£10 is for 24hrs

so it depends wether you want to night fish it .

sorry you won't be coming lynne

as for bait phil i will probably be going to get some bait on sat my self, so i can either take you or get it for you.

------------------

if you can't be good

be careful

anmc founder member

Guest NigelT

Phil,

If it's maggots and boilies you want you will either have to get it in Newcastle or try Pete Wilson's shop in Carlisle.

Corn, bread etc, even Longtown will sell that stuff!!

Have that article at work if you are still interested.