pike fishing day!

Coupz

PIKE FISHING DAY! 25/9/2011

prices are now -

bank tickets - £10 pp 9am - dusk, max of 3 rods per angler

boat tickets - £10 pp plus £5 hire charge for a boat! 9am - dusk, max of 2 rods per angler (first come first serve basis)

fishery rules

: all anglers MUST have an unhooking mat

: all anglers MUST use semi or barbless hooks

:all anglers must have the correct bite indication ie: alarms,swingers, drop off indicators etc

: ALL FISH MUST BE RETURNED UNHARMED AND QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE

: all rods MUST be attended to at all times

: a minimum of 12lb mainline to be used or minimum of 20lb braid

: all anglers must have long foreceps and side cutters for easy and safe unhooking fish

: all rubbish must be taken away with anglers or put in litter bins provided at the fishery

: ONLY DEADBAIT ALLOWED!!!

no livebaiting , lures and spinners etc are strictly prohibited!

on the day bailiffs have the right to conduct searches to anglers bags etc to make sure theres no intension of illegal fishing on the day!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

: a minimum of 12lb mainline to be used or minimum of 20lb braid

May I suggest that 20lb braid is far to light a braid (as it has a diameter similar to 6lb mono and you wouldn't use that would you?) for bait fishing for pike.

Secondly you say that ALL pike are to be returned alive.Ive been involved in pike fishing on trout waters for several decades now and this is most unusual! At best there is usually a lower size limit for return at worse a "kill/remove all" policy.

How many acres is the water in question,how old,are the course fish managed (ie netted/trapped/removed) how was the thirty you mentioned caught (or was it found?)

Sounds like you've done well so far in getting it sorted.Take my advice and police it heavily (a lot of pikers will take the pi$$ believe me!) and keep the management happy and you might be able to keep this as a regular thing.But as I said you will need to severely limit the amount of fishing other wise it wont last long!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

am not doing the lower size limit on this session budgie just to it been the first organised piking day at the fishery! so just doing it on a catch and realise policy for this one, if all goes well then i'm hoping for it to become a regular outing each week, then id bring in the lower size limit!

just got a small trophy for the biggest fish today aswell.

the water is 42 acres in size and the deepest point is just under 40feet!

was caught on a perch deadbait, just off the bottom mate.

well theyll be two baliffs on the day and weve got two policemen that come up regularly for checks, ive contacted them direct and they said they would be up doing random searches etc on the day!

well ive been told if the session is a sucess, with the winter months closing in i could get maby 2 or 3 days a week, when the trout guys are on holiday :D

am not doing the lower size limit on this session budgie just to it been the first organised piking day at the fishery! so just doing it on a catch and realise policy for this one, if all goes well then i'm hoping for it to become a regular outing each week, then id bring in the lower size limit!

just got a small trophy for the biggest fish today aswell.

the water is 42 acres in size and the deepest point is just under 40feet!

was caught on a perch deadbait, just off the bottom mate.

well theyll be two baliffs on the day and weve got two policemen that come up regularly for checks, ive contacted them direct and they said they would be up doing random searches etc on the day!

well ive been told if the session is a sucess, with the winter months closing in i could get maby 2 or 3 days a week, when the trout guys are on holiday :D

good on yer,a well run day out,good luck

concentrate for the moment: feel. don't think.

weve got two policemen that come up regularly for checks, ive contacted them direct and they said they would be up doing random searches etc on the day!

Policemen checking and searching for what?

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Cool real Pike Police :D

Good luck Coupz, hope it's a success.

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek

My question wasn’t rhetorical, I have really wondered what the police would be looking for at a fishing contest? Would it be lures and live fish?

I thought that this thread might develop, so I have left it a couple of days, but it has been nagging away at the back of my mind, ‘why are so many people apparently pleased at the prospect of the police ‘randomly searching’ then while out fishing? I have nothing to hide, but wouldn’t really want to be the subject of police interference while out engaging in what is really recreation.

So far as I understand it, in Scotland the police can only search a person if they have reasonable grounds for suspicion. Fir example, they can search you if they reasonably suspect that you are in possession of an offensive weapon, stolen property, (alcohol if you are at certain major sports events or on public transport going to the event), after an offence under the Protection of Wild Mammals (Scotland) Act 2002, if you have about you of £1,000 or more and that this is the result of criminal activity, and/or fireworks that you intend to use anti-socially.

Police can search you under Section 44 (anti terrorism) whether of not they have grounds for suspicion, in places where s44 searches have been authorised. Or they can also search you for a weapon under Section 60 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act,( but only in places where this power has been authorised). Section 60 may be imposed where police believe serious violence may occur.

How does this fit in with the Rozzers coming to the pike event?

Is the money from the event going towards paying the police overtime?

Please tell me the whole thing is a 'wind up' and I have mised that.

Edited by Emma two
"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"