F1 carp

terry t shirt

I dont think so the carp in the canal are all the offspring of the tring resevoir escapees of the 70's and quite honestly a lot of them are huge. I think MK itself had one out at around 34lb. I dont think its a majority just the blinkered vision of an out of date commitee. As so many of these large clubs are now.

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

This ia a large club not nescasarily dominated by matchmen they just appear to think everyone wants carp and the chances of calling a meeting are slim to none. BTw the Club is MKAA and i now believe everyone of there lakes has been stocked with these critters

I don't believe many of those they stocked into Dimmocks Pit 3 years ago survived - caught plenty the season they were stocked but not seen a single one caught in the last 2 years - given the head of small pike in there I suspect they found the 1000 or so 6" pasties rather a nice snack. Also not heard of them being stocked in Willen or seen any evidence of the same. I don't see any evidence of them in Caldecote either.

I agree that their stocking policies leave much to be desired though - where re-stocking's needed then Tench would be a far better choice than F1s.

Will

I remember the (match dominated) committee of a club I used to be a member of seeking to do a deal to swap the lake's large carp for hordes of pasties. They seemed genuinely puzzled that the club's carp anglers were horrified by this; "but there will be more carp for you to catch".

Will they have just stocked bradwell coldecotte and wappenham with a these things put 700 in caldecotte on june 18th and about 350 in the other two. I know the south pit at willen got these a cpl of years back.

Will they have just stocked bradwell coldecotte and wappenham with a these things put 700 in caldecotte on june 18th and about 350 in the other two. I know the south pit at willen got these a cpl of years back.

I knew about Bradwell and Wappenham (don't fish there anyway), hadn't heard about the Caldecotte stocking - but if they've only put 700 in then they won't be a problem in over 90 acres of water and anyway the pike could do with a bit more food ;) . They certainly don't show up in catches in Willen South either (not that I fish the south lake much - far prefer the north as that's where the biggest bream hang out). Bradwell needs a bit of stocking up - the cormorants had a big impact on stocks before they put the fish shelters in, should have been more silvers though, not F1 pasties - there's a healthy tench population and some good bream but the roach and rudd have pretty much disappeared.

Will

It just seems to me that its to easy and probably cheaper to stock these F1's than it is to stock species like tench , bream roach , crucian etc. To the extent that there stocking them to the detriment of the existing species.

Kiss goodbye to plant life, natural food, clear water, fine tackle and say hello to mud, pellets and six pound line!

I can understand why commercials do it but I'm at a loss to see why a club would want all their waters stuffed with pasties.