First Carp

manse

Caught my first ever Carp yesterday (3 in total all day) all Mirrors between 3 and 5lb.

Got to say it was the best days fishing ever and was grinning like a crazy fool when it went in the landing net :D .

Caught a few other fish very like big Roach and was told by the bailiff they were Hides,Hydes ?dont know the spelling but thought he meant hybrids but no, he said they were imported from scandanavia or somwhere like that.anyone else heard of or caught these :confused:

well done manse, good day for you there.

i think he probably meant Ides(Ide) big roach like fish with big eyes.have a look here http://www.fiskeland.com/kroppefjall/idE.html

Ive had a few of these from the riverside fishery here in wales, ive been using the pole with no float, and caster on the suface great fun.

[ 07. September 2003, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: Gray-Catchpole ]

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

well done ,ask gaffer for advice on stainless equiptment and join the carp forum :)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

"Fun" i've never laughted so much,

One of my mates fell in trying to untangle his sons line from a tree,then climbing through nettles to get out(no we didn't take the wee, well only the first 3 hours after) 4 sections of a pole sailing past followed by its owner running round ( mate cast over it and pulled it in)

My son fell off his box covering himself in maggots,sweetcorn and other bits.

Plus my first ever Carp....Brill :D:D

quote:

"Fun" i've never laughted so much,

One of my mates fell in trying to untangle his sons line from a tree,then climbing through nettles to get out(no we didn't take the wee, well only the first 3 hours after) 4 sections of a pole sailing past followed by its owner running round ( mate cast over it and pulled it in)

My son fell off his box covering himself in maggots,sweetcorn and other bits.

Plus my first ever Carp....Brill

Sounds like one of my average sessions…! :cool:

Well done on your first carp, Manse. First of many I hope.

Julian

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!