Reborn Doll Making.

Nt,

Well, I've followed this and I must say to each his own. However, In your quest have you contacted the glass manufacturers directly. The glass factories are really fascinating and most are extremely small. They have toy marbel molds down to at least as small as a "BB" (you guys know what a "BB" is?). You can get machine "blown" ones very small too. I just thought they were for lampmakers. The are used to working with "artists and craft" people on a one on one basis.

Describe what these "glass beads" are, or look like. Hollow, solid, clear, exactly round? Lots and lots of cottage industry glass makers in Southern NY, SW Ohio, and West Virginia.

It may be the connection you are looking for. Heck, I don't know what you call them "glass factories"? I have no idea how to "hook you up"

Phone

@ Newt.... thanks for dropping in....We are talking of quantities of around 30kg bulk.

Have looked into Ebay and the largest bulk pack is 10kg.

@ ayjay....ethnic dolls exist but the simple truth is they are not popular.

There are also others such as Horror, gothic and primate.

Well if the price suits you on Newts link buy six lots, cheaper postage on the other five. Or ask to do a deal he/she can only say no.

Cheers Fred

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

Fred - the seller mentioned in the listing that people interested in larger amounts can contact him directly and I assume there should be a decent price break.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Fred - the seller mentioned in the listing that people interested in larger amounts can contact him directly and I assume there should be a decent price break.

I have been in contact with an Ebay seller and we are currently negotiating a price.

Glass manufacturers say that my orders are too small... :angry::angry:

Guys thanks for all the input, help and comments.

Just thought I would show you the latest creation from my Wife.

Reborn.jpg

She is called Angel and listed for sale on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280741486798?ssP...984.m1555.l2649

I already have 4 watchers in the hour she has been listed.

Now doesn't she look realistic?

@ Newt-----If the Ebay link is not allowed I will remove it---just put it on so people can see her as advertised.

Edited by Now there's a right un.

No problems with the link. I am always amazed at how real those dolls look and that one is beautifully done.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• 8 months later...

She is good. I assume the "eyes closed" cost less with no need to add the actual eyeballs but since infants spend quite a bit of time that way, it shouldn't be a problem.

She is good. I assume the "eyes closed" cost less with no need to add the actual eyeballs but since infants spend quite a bit of time that way, it shouldn't be a problem.

I think the eyes were open until they hit the funny fags.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."