Fishing Gloves for cold fingers

nigelnibbles

My wife has recently got hooked on fishing(excuse the pun). with the colder weather coming does anyone have some good recommendations for some good gloves, she suffers from circulation problems and would need gloves that are really warm, not fingerless, but are not to bulky so she can wear them whilst baiting up/unhooking. seen kevlar and neoprene but are they that warm, any recs, thanks

Thin neoprene gloves nowadays are excellent (Snowbee, Gull etc) and very cheap so go ahead and buy some. The thing to do is to deliberately get them wet i.e. submerge them in the water and they then start to work and keep your hands nice and warm. Coupled with a modern thermal suit and boots and a couple of good old fashioned charcoal hand warmers you ain't going to get (really) cold anymore

Paul

Bought a pair of neoprene gloves designed for fishing at a store called Decathalon (of junc 26 M1 by IKEA in Notts.....they are warm and comfy, having the advantage of the tips of the thumb, index and middle fingers missing to enable the wearer to perform delicate tasks (knot tying etc).....Also, more importantly to a Yorkshireman like myself, they were less than a tenner so a good buy really......decathalon store are situated around the country and have an adequate website that I think you can order from.........

Good luck

Chris

99p Magic Gloves. "One size fits all!"

Absolutely brilliant. I ususally have a few pairs knocking around and you can double them up.

If magic gloves are only 99p, why not make a slit at the knuckle but only half way round the finger. This way the finger can be slipped in and out as required.

I do like the neoprene types with 2 fingers and the thumb exposed, I use them for Beach fishing but they are quite bulky.

P.A.A.S.gif

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I am going to have to disagree about neoprene gloves,I've tried a couple of different pairs and found them too tight,this leads to colder fingers rather than warmer.

I've reverted to fingerless woollen gloves for actually fishing and Thinsulate lined ones for travelling between swims.Rechargeable chemical handwarmers are also kept in reserve for really cold conditions when only morons are still out there.

Electric gloves may be the answer,some here....

http://www.attacc.com/acatalog/Clothing_g.html

Best gloves I've had in recent years have been a pair that incorporated the windstopper material. Unfortunately I lost one last winter and haven't managed to find a replacement pair yet (not that I've looked too hard admittedly), but they really were excellent - very warm even on windy days without being bulky at all.

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

The 3.5 mm ones could possibly be described as tight (escpecially in the wrong sizes) but the excellent thinner ones mentioned are most definately not. Wear wet woollen gloves again....not for me thanks.

Paul