first session with out a smoke

deanbmw

after packing in the fags now for three weeks today was hard, first fishing with out no smokes,

freezing cold, and my youngest son playing lord of the rings behind me and not one bite. NOT A GOOD DAY LOL

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.

Well done fella it's tough but worth it

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

Well done indeed chap, i gave up smoking 8 months ago now, 60 a day marlboro!, i drove for a living and used to carp fish ( lots of endless nights) so it was really really hard but it does get really easy after a while and eventually you will not even think about them.

Keep going m8.

Regards Clint

Argyll packed in 2 years ago,loads more cash to spend on beer now!

On the serious side got two angling buddies about to fish their last match - yes both smokers and both got lung cancer. Apparently towards the end it is rather unpleasant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on chaps if I can pack it in anyone can. Have a nice day now!

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

was a roll your own man so quitting was quite hard as my smokes were quite strong high nicoteen but well worth the effort. so far got a new tackle box new rod and reel and another car since qutting. be suprised at the extra cash you have to spend and later on you will feel much better in the end. quitting was the best thing i ever did!!!!! loads more to do than smoke out there anyhow. I tied leaders and rigs up when the cravings started and went fishing or used the money i would spend on smoking on something for myself that was not harmful to me.or you can put the money you usually spend on cigarettes in the bank and after a few months go buy that ultra expensive rod and reel and pod.IT GETS EASIER EVERY DAY just take it one day at a time.

Well done mate

stopped myself nine months ago when the misses got pregnant,(the worst time to stop ),but as everyone has said here and everyone who has ever stoped will tell you its the best thing you will ever do (for yourself),take one day at a time and remember when you get a graving in one minute IT WILL PASS

GOOD LUCK MATE

Not really a fishing thread but a suggestion for those giving up smoking. Get some regular exercise too. Join a gym, run every day, make your breathing work a bit harder. You will over a period of time cough up most of that sticky brown stuff that your ciggies deposited in your lungs. Its only when your breathing returns to normal, that you'll realise just what a good life saving decision it was to stop smoking.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'