One for the Win7 wizards

I may have given you the wrong info, it is retail but it's win 7 upgrade which i'm told has the full version on.

as for price i'm not sure as i had a virus removed from the PC at the same time.

Told you i was a numpty LOL

cheers Fred

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

I may have given you the wrong info, it is retail but it's win 7 upgrade which i'm told has the full version on.

as for price i'm not sure as i had a virus removed from the PC at the same time.

Told you i was a numpty LOL

cheers Fred

thats correct the full version and the upgrade are one in the same; except that the upgrade version wont allow you to install without a previous version of windows installed or available on cd/dvd for it to read from.

the windows software itself is exactly the same; its just the install routine that differs slightly. it can be a bit of a pajn in the rear if you have to reformat and you dont have another OS cd handy....so if you dont have your own full copy of XP or Vista i woul suggest you see if you can change the upgrade to a full copy...even its OEM and not retail.

the only difference between OEM and retail is technical support from Microsoft and to be honest i dont know many people that actually ever use that anyway....so saving cash on OEM is the best way to go.

thats correct the full version and the upgrade are one in the same; except that the upgrade version wont allow you to install without a previous version of windows installed or available on cd/dvd for it to read from.
Yes it will. A nice young lady from Microsoft showed me how to do this. Boot from upgrade DVD. When prompted for the Product Key, leave everything BLANK. Then you can go ahead and do a clean install. Once installed go into control panel. Change product key then activate. Job's a good 'un.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Yes it will. A nice young lady from Microsoft showed me how to do this. Boot from upgrade DVD. When prompted for the Product Key, leave everything BLANK. Then you can go ahead and do a clean install. Once installed go into control panel. Change product key then activate. Job's a good 'un.

Interesting to know! I'll give it a go.