Soft Plastic proof rigging beads?

Peter Waller

The bright plastc beads that all my local tackle shops sell, dead useful for adding attraction to soft plastic baits, and to stop hooks pulling into the bodies of such baits. They all have one failing, namely they are not proof against the melt factor of soft bodied baits. Any suggestions folks. Melted plastics are a right mess :( .

Peter Waller:

Melted plastics are a right mess :( .

Peter,

I have been intouch with fishtek.co.uk and I think they have the solution to your problem. They are developing a soft threadable jeltex bead to act as an attractor/shock absorber on a rig.

They are very kindly sending me some of there prototypes to try out as well as a couple of there latest lures, email me your address if you are interested and I will send you half of what I get. The only stipulation is that you keep them seperate from any other soft baits. :D

Cheers

Alan(nl)

edit note - fixed it Alan. - Newt

[ 29. September 2003, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

How about glass or metal beads? Nick Green sells hollow and solid metal beads and you can get glass beads from haberdashers......er..apparently.

I think the fish tec jeltex beads may be a non starter as their soft plastic melts in contact with conventional soft plastic.

Tim

Tim Kelly:

I think the fish tec jeltex beads may be a non starter as their soft plastic melts in contact with conventional soft plastic.

Try reading my answer again Tim, use fishtek and keep them away from inferiour products, simple.

Most soft baits end up in a mess when they get damp/wet, not the fishtek ones though.

Alan(nl)

[ 29. September 2003, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: Alan Taylor ]

Alan Taylor:

Alan Taylor:

Try reading my answer again Tim, use fishtek and keep them away from inferiour products, simple.

Most soft baits end up in a mess when they get damp/wet, not the fishtek ones though.

Alan(nl)

?? Wha ??

Tim

Tim Kelly:

quote:

?? Wha ?? [/QB]

Sorry Tim, just popped in during the adverts earlier on so I may have seemed to have been a bit short with you.

If you take a look at the fishtek site they will explain it better than I ever could. There market is mainly sea fishing but they do produce some lures that will and do catch pike and perch.

There jelteck lures do not weld together when wet as do most brands of soft baits. Well worth a look at there site.

Alan(nl)

I've used their baits and they're OK, I was just pointing out that the plastic they use reacts badly with normal soft plastic baits (it melts) so their beads may not be suitable for the purpose Peter was enquiring about.

Tim

Tim Kelly:

I've used their baits and they're OK, I was just pointing out that the plastic they use reacts badly with normal soft plastic baits (it melts) so their beads may not be suitable for the purpose Peter was enquiring about.

That is the point I was trying to make, fishtek should not be mixed with normal run of the mill soft baits.

I was trying to avoid debate on here because it looks as if I have a vested interested in Fishtek, I don't but will recomend that anyone interested in soft lures, pirks, Jig heads etc take a look at there site and make there own minds up. A UK firm serving UK anglers.

I have said enough, possibly too much as usual at this time of night :)

Alan(nl)

Thanks folks! My soft bodied lures come from all manner of sources. Like where they are cheap!! Mainly from sea-angling sites. Seems us freshwater types are prepared to pay more than our tight fisted sea angling cousins, and we are charged accordingly. Got to say it, they all get slung in together. Other than colours leaching from one to another I don't normally have a problem with melting. Unless I use a plastic bead! The floro pink beads give me a confidence boost since I'm convinced that they help. Beads of other materials would lack that colour boost, I think. Alan, yep, any freebies much appreciated! 31 Romany Road, Oulton Broad, Lowestoft, Suffolk NR32 3PJ, U.K.. I have never tried their goodies, it will be interesting, thanks.