Spray painting lures, cheaply!!

Peter Waller

My daughters are performing at the Glastonbury Festival and they suddenly demanded that I paint their violins in floro colours, just as I do my plugs. Only one of them wanted her fiddle in pink, purple and blue, hardly yer average plug colours and not in the usual spray cans that I use. So, into search mode, and I'm glad that I did! Saved mega bucks! Halfords and bought an 'air brush', £16.99. Into Focus, great big jars of acrylic floro paint, £3.99. Oodles of paint compared with the more usual £5.00 plus spray cans and a far greater array of colours, far more than the Plasticote range I usually use from B&Q. Acrylic paint is also water based so cleaning brushes and airbrush is a doddle compared with solvant based paints. Not only did I paint four violins but also 8 sets of overalls in various floro colours. The cost was a fraction of what spray cans would have cost, and the pike are in for a treat, NEW colours galore!!!!! No more clogged cans either! Funny how one thing can help another. You would think rock and roll and angling were a million miles apart. In return for the fiddle customising I've asked them to heckle Moby the PETA supporter who is mainstaging there :D:D , trouble is non of 'em like him so won't be watching him perform :( .

[ 26. June 2003, 12:07 AM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

Peter,

Thrilled about the lures, but....

the 'Hemp Seed Supplier' in your signature isn't exactly targeting anglers with his product

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Jah feelin' ah'right Mista Peetah? Me's feelin' dem seeds wid ya. Booyakkaa mah friend.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Elton:

Peter,

the 'Hemp Seed Supplier' in your signature isn't exactly targeting anglers with his product   he has won me over :P :cool: .

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Peter Waller:

My daughters are performing at the Glastonbury Festival

Ah! Just seen where 'the link' originates from :D

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Elton:

Elton:

My daughters are performing at the Glastonbury Festival

Ah! Just seen where 'the link' originates from :D
Durrrrrrr, even I'm confused now! Purely by chance (!) is the 'link' related with Glastonbury, one of my daughters is an Amsterdam based musician, plays leccy fiddle, and her partner manages Thrills & Chills. She's teamed up with her three sisters as 'Super Sisters', sponsored by Chills and Thrills, and is playing at the festival to promote the legal supply of naturel substances, equipment and seeds to the UK. Strictly non chemical and apparently the best seeds in Amsterdam, great for happy roach. The plus is that for £39.00 return I can nip over to Amsterdam from Norwich, by train & ferry, for a spot of perch fishing which is incredible over there, and the doss is gratis.

Yes, the link is tongue in cheek but the seed is apparently excellent, even if not intended for anglers!! Actually, joking aside, is it exactly the same stuff? Its quite legal to export/import the seed into the UK, just illegal to grow it. Surprised it took so long for someone to comment re the link!!!

Peter Waller:

Surprised it took so long for someone to comment re the link!!!

The others were too busy ordering :D