Stillwater Pike Fishing In North Yorks

Paul_D

I'm about to dust down the deadbaiting rods but fancy giving some new venues a try now that Castle Howard has shut its fishing. Does anyone know of a pleasant day ticket stillwater worth fishing for Esox?

Paul

Cheers for that Rob. Nostell is a bit too far south to travel from where I'm based from this weekend. We're doing a long drive for Saturdays fishing so I was hoping for something a little closer on Sunday. I know there are big Pike resident though as the 3lb plus Bream I was playing last time I fished there found out.

Paul

hollingworth lake? ive had a 22.5lb out of it. £5 day ticket. near j21 m62.

pillsworth. £5 day ticket. ive only had smaller pike out of it but i dont fish specificlly for them. Its off the m66 near Bury.

hope this helps

rich

Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail

sorry. didnt see that you wanted north yorks.

my ideas are in lancs

rich

Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail

Try the Swale Paul, I know it's not a stillwater but it's full of Pike.

Cundall, topcliffe, Pickhill, Scruton, all have good stocks of fish with a decent chance of a twenty.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

Thanks Rich/Peter. We're off to fish the River Hull on Saturday and are looking at either the Ouse, Swale or Ure I think now for Sunday. Cheers again.

Paul