Seen in The Daily Express today

Guest Simon Newbould

Guest Alan Roe

Keep up the pressure chaps make it more embarrasing by copying your letters to your local press as well.

Guest Paulg

Spot on !! Excellent result....now then, good point about forwarding to your local rags, any idea which would be Wendy Wotsits local paper, I'm sure they would love it :-)

Guest scoobs11

should'nt be hard to work out where she lives just look for a "local pr agent commits suicide" story in your local papers

------------------

if you can't be good

be careful

Guest wirral sea fishing

Hi guys I have just recieved this from channel 4

Thank you for your email to Michael Jackson who has asked me to respond on

his behalf.

With regards to the issues you raised concerning Wendy Turner-Webster and

PETA. Wendy Turner-Webster is not a member of PETA and has no formal links

with the organisation. Her recent letter to the Duke of Kent regarding

fishing with hooks reflects Wendy's own personal views, which she is

entitled to hold. She was not expressing her views on behalf of Channel 4

or PET RESCUE.

PET RESCUE is an observational documentary series that follows the work of

the RSPCA and other animal rescue centres around the country. The series

promotes responsible pet ownership - not animal rights - and we can see no

reason to question Wendy's role as its principal presenter.

Thanks for taking the time to email Channel 4. I hope I have addressed the

concerns you raised.

Yours sincerely

John Daniels

INFORMATION OFFICER

Guest Elton
Originally posted by wirral sea fishing:

Wendy Turner-Webster is not a member of PETA and has no formal links

with the organisation

Perhaps they need to read this bit again:

Writing on behalf of the organisation People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), vegan Wendy,33, informs the Duke that..."

Guest phil hackett
Originally posted by Elton:

Writing on behalf of the organisation People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), vegan Wendy,33, informs the Duke that..."

Elton has anybody sent this quote to Blindman Jackson?

Guest phil hackett
Originally posted by phil hackett:
Originally posted by Elton:

Elton has anybody sent this quote to Blindman Jackson?

Add on to this! time to bomb him guys and girls!!!

Guest Alan Roe

Hello All

I have had the same reply from Mr Daniels in my Email when I opened it today.

Here is my VERY polite response for anyone who might like to use it as a base for a reply...

Dear Mr Daniels

I am aware that Ms Turner was not expressing the view of Channel 4 or indeed Pet Rescue I have no problems with either the Channel or indeed the programme.

My area of expresssed concern was that Ms Turner was acting on behalf of Peta regardless of any membership status when she sent the letter to thre Duke of Kent naturally cc'd to the press!!

I am expressing the gravest doubts about a person who is prepared to use public persona to promote the views of this group who are quite open about their support for the use of violence in the furtherance of their cause.

You may recall that a 6 year old child was recently injured as a result of a mail bomb sent by an 'animal rights' activist.

I regard her views on angling as misguided as they appear to be uninformed but I do not deny her the right to hold such views.

Equally one has to consider that she has upset untold numbers of people in trying to inflict her views on the lives of others.

However I must bring into question her suitability to present a programme on animal welfare when the group she has so publicly endorsed is opposed to any form of human / animal interaction particularly as pets..

Yors

Sincerely

M. A. Roe.

Have fun chaps!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

P.S. The address is viewerenquiries@channel4.co.uk

[This message has been edited by Alan Roe (edited 11 May 2001).]

Guest waterman1013

Hi guys

They must have been saving their responses for a sunny day, if we are all getting an answer today.

Here is the answer I got and my immediate response.

>From: Viewer Enquiries <ViewerEnquiries@Channel4.co.uk>

>To: "'waterman1013@hotmail.com'" <waterman1013@hotmail.com>

>Subject: Channel 4 Website and Comment Board

>Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 14:56:05 -0000

>

>VE/BG/C12E

>

>Dear Mr Heylin

>

>Thank you for your email to Michael Jackson who has asked me to respond on

>his behalf.

>

>The rules of the Reach 4 forum are stated very clearly. This includes

>deleting any profanity or comments or accusations that could be seen as

>libellous. As the forum covers a wide range of subjects at any one time,

>'threads' are sometimes merged, this unfortunately sometimes gives the

>appearance that they have been removed- however, they are still there.

>

>You also raised issues concerning Wendy Turner-Webster and PETA. Wendy

>Turner-Webster is not a member of PETA and has no formal links with the

>organisation. Her recent letter to the Duke of Kent regarding fishing with

>hooks reflects Wendy's own personal views, which she is entitled to hold.

>She was not expressing her views on behalf of Channel 4 or PET RESCUE.

>

>PET RESCUE is an observational documentary series that follows the work of

>the RSPCA and other animal rescue centres around the country. The series

>promotes responsible pet ownership - not animal rights - and we can see no

>reason to question Wendy's role as its principal presenter.

>

>Thanks for taking the time to email Channel 4. I hope I have addressed the

>concerns you raised.

>

>Yours sincerely

>

>John Daniels

>INFORMATION OFFICER

>

>

>

>

>Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily

>represent those of Channel Four Television Corporation unless specifically

>stated. This email and any files transmitted are confidential and intended

>solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed.

>If you have received this email in error, please notify

>postmaster@channel4.co.uk

>

>

Dear John Daniels

Channel 4 can wriggle as much as it likes but you will not get off this hook.

None of my posts removed from your forum were profane, libellous or breached your rules. I did not suggest that Pet Rescue was an animal rights programme.

If the posts are still available to be read would you give me the URL so that I may view them please.

I know from others who have attempted to comment on various aspects of this situation that their posts have been removed, even whilst they were being posted. Are they still available to view?

If Wendy Turner Webster has no "formal" links with PETA, why is she fronting a letter writing campaign on their behalf against angling in the scout movement? Her later remarks show she knows absolutely nothing about angling or the scout badge concerned. Or are she and Channel 4 hiding behind the word "formal"?

Has she now changed her mind about PETA because some numbers of us have attacked her stance? Did she know, when she first got involved, what PETA stand for? She has written vegan cook books and is a professed vegan so you might take any denial she makes to you in that knowledge.

PETA promotes the vegan agenda and the organisation relies for support on "celebrities" who patently do not understand the issues, but want "their public" to see them as caring individuals. There are 3.3 million anglers and I do not know how many scouts who can see her for what she is - an air head.

Channel 4, as a responsible broadcaster, should not be in the business of defending her, when patently she has lied, either to you or to the press, viz the Daily Express. She cannot have it both ways, either she is a supporter of PETA, as stated in the DE, or she is not, as told to you. Which is it? I think the public have a right to know.

Of course she is entitled to hold her view. If only she knew what she was taking a view on. Would you also defend her if her views were racist? ageist? etc. No, of course you would not. So why are you attempting to defend someone who has got herself involved with an organisation which supports the ALF. The president of PETA has written books giving first hand knowledge of ALF "actions" in invading private property and being responsible for the release of animals into the wild, where they have predated on wild animal stocks and caused untold ecological damage.

When such actions are taken in Britain the RSPCA is often left to pick up the pieces, to recapture and put down the poor beasts. I do not see the ALF paying for this work. Wendy has no place in animal broadcasting and I would hope the RSPCA will question her as to her motives, even if Channel 4 will not.

Would you or Channel 4 like to explain to the parents of the child recently injured by an ALF parcel bomb why you continue to employ such a person as Wendy to front an animal programme?

She is even goes so far as to list horse riding as a persuit. PETA is opposed to the use of animals for entertainment and that includes keeping them as pets or riding them.

Wendy Turner has done herself and Channel 4 no favours, with her recent letter. She got what she wanted, the headline and story. What did all those inner city scouts get out of it? Nothing. The scouting movement works exceptionally hard to keep inner city children off the streets and show them the opportunities which life presents for many of us but are often denied them because of the locations in whcih they live. Did she even bother to consider all those children or are animals more important to her than human beings. If they are then she is no better than the ALF.

I look forward to your detailed reply.

For your information I am copying this correspondence to other parties who are concerned about the stance Channel 4 is taking on this issue.

Michael Heylin

[This message has been edited by waterman1013 (edited 11 May 2001).]