Seen in The Daily Express today

Guest Simon Newbould

Guest andypiscator

i`m just about to send an e-mail to info@gmgendemol.com, keep it up everyone.andy.

Guest Bruno Broughton

Some prat called Doctor Maxwell seems to have posted on several threads regarding one Windy Turnup. oh dear :rolleyes

[This message has been edited by Bruno Broughton (edited 04 May 2001).]

Guest DCB

I can only say brilliant job well done.

Keep it up.

Great service to our sport.

If you need more information get in touch.

David

Guest waterman1013

Just e-mailed the following to Mr Jackson.

Dear Mr Jackson

Channel 4 has, for many years now, been a new champion of broadcast freedoms in the UK. You have taken up the banner, originally fielded by BBC2, in adventurous TV production. With the programme "Right to Reply" you have taken audience participation and comment on TV further than ever before and made programme makers responsible to the public for their outputs. Yet when comment is posted on the C4 bulletin boards about Wendy Turner Webster, her political stance on animal rights and her confusion regarding the policies and activities of PETA, those threads are removed immediately.

Surely, since she introduced the topic of angling and the scouts into the public arena by her own desire for self publicity, and since she is the presenter of one of your leading "pet" programmes, she puts herself, the programme producers and Channel 4 in the firing line for comment. She cannot front a programme promoting the keeping of pets and yet subscribe to PETA, at the same time. PETA is opposed to any interaction between humans and animals for any reason. They are against the use of animals as entertainment or as companions. Thus they are against the keeping of animals as pets.

Recently the President of PETA announced to the world that she and PETA wanted to see the introduction of FMD into the USE as a punishment for all the livestock farmers in that country. She has in the past written books and articles supportive of the ALF and there is good reason to believe that much of the annual funding of PETA, about $17 million, which comes mostly from misguided personalities in Hollywood, is used to fund the actions of the ALF. PETA is not an animal friendly charity, last year they saved about 300 animals and had put down about 1700. So their real motives, IMO, seem to be taking money from people who are more famous than intelligent and using it to fund extremists to commit acts of atrocity against their fellow men and women, and, of course, to pay themselves vast salaries.

Wendy Turner Webster should no longer be fronting Pet Rescue and C4 would do well to heed the fact that anglers and scouts have this week noticed the speed with which you have been censoring interested public comment on your bulletin board. Is this what responsible broadcasting has come to? The inability to acknowledge the stupidity of a TV presenter, her unsuitableness for the programme she fronts and the inability to respond to enquiries duly made to the webmaster when threads are pulled from the site within minutes of being posted.

Your comments on the behaviour of the webmaster and Wendy Tuners public stance against angling in the scouting movement would be appreciated.

yours sincerely

Michael Heylin

Anyone open a book on getting a reply?

Mike

Guest phil dean

they found my messages in the babylon 5 camp, but not straight away, this mus t really be **** them off

nickinthenorth,

can you come up with a program for automatically adding stuff into their site, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week...

the one thing that's really anoying me is why wont they answer, if they just acknowledged us, i'd be happier, but this total denial of a problem smacks of something sinister.

What links do others in channel 4 have to Peta i wonder????? There reticense (spell check please)suggests that someone high up doesn't want to upset the apple cart in case dirt is spilled about them frown.gif

by the way their are Aliens on Earth and Kennedy was killed by the FBI, who said i'm a conspiracy theorist. biggrin.gif

phil

Guest Chris Shaw

They have started deleting again today but seem not to be quite so heavy handed as yesterday, still no reply though.

Keep it up.

We will get a response.

------------------

Chris Shaw

[This message has been edited by Chris Shaw (edited 04 May 2001).]

Guest Alan Taylor
Originally posted by Simon Newbould:

Simon...

Hi Simon, I don't get ch4 so am not much help so far. How about attacking on another front, move the goalposts to Kilroy on BBC1.

There must a kilroy@bbc.co.uk address or something similar. He covers a lot of topics and they must be constantly on the look out for new material. Keep up the good work everyone.

Alan(nl)

Guest yeboman

You can always test C4 support for Wendy by starting a string in support of har call and see how long that will last. If they dont delete it they support her and if they do you can acceptd that they eather dont want the mess on their front lawn or are distancing from her statement. Ether way you will know more than what you do now.

Tight Lines