Seen in The Daily Express today

Guest Simon Newbould

Guest phil dean

just telephoned the news desk at the currant bun, they're not interested, it's small beer..

sorry guys.

Guest Chris Shaw
Originally posted by phil dean:

just telephoned the news desk at the currant bun, they're not interested, it's small beer..

sorry guys.

Hmmm, I bet if you was a celeb having a go at the another certain groups acitivities, as did Wendy whatsaname they would take notice.

Anyway, we must keep the pressure on, do not give in to this.

------------------

Chris Shaw

Guest Patrick Leigh

Dear All,

Very interesting thread here guy's.

A friend of my fathers works for C4 as a news reporter. I will get hold of him as soon as possible and try and get some answers.

PETA - Tie 'em up and feed the muppets a raw steak. Tree hugging veggy prats frown.gif

Guest phil dean

Welcome to you, your input and helpwould be appreciated by all anglers i'm sure, not by Miss Turner Webster i fear however.

Guest euan pink

just one thing,we had a link to a story where the co founder stated she wanted foot and mouth in america,but do i remember something in the article about there (peta)people are encouraged to bring their pets to work?

or is my brain going completely? confused.gif

i know they are against "use" but something in my brain is nagging about pets or was it peta misinformation?

Guest Fatboy

I have just received a copy of the EA's

magazine.

Guess what?

The Environment Agency are sponsors of the

Scouts' Angler Award!

The Scout's are safe - the Royal Household won't get involved with a government body.

This doesn't alter my anger at the lies, damned lies and propaganda being put out

by Wendy Braindead and her friends at PETA.

Private Eye always used to refer to The Daily Express as the 'Dailygetsmuchworse'-

It seems that under their new owner, they may have got it right.

My Dad was an Express reader for years.

To-day he tells me he bought the Telegraph.

Looks like he's become a radical at the age of 70! Good call, Dad - vote with your wallet - so sorry, that should have read 'conscience!'.

------------------

Guest Chris Shaw

Now I am really mad, on the C4 forum site is a thread called Screaming Reels, in that topic is a post saying it would be better to have a program about swans being killed by anglers line. I posted in that topic, no abuse, putting them right about more swans being killed and injured by overhead power cables etc. Guess what it was removed. I think we now have C4's agenda on this mad.gif

------------------

Chris Shaw

[This message has been edited by Chris Shaw (edited 05 May 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Chris Shaw (edited 05 May 2001).]

Guest scoobs11

i have rung her management "team" on 02072243960

i have emailed mjackson@channel4.co.uk

and the bsc at bsc@bsc.org.uk

just waiting to see if any of em respond now

------------------

if you can't be good

be careful

Guest Ian Cresswell

Hi All,

It strikes me that the PETA lot have had their say without any further comment from the 'star' concerned or the 'impartial reporters' or indeed their available organs.

Channel 4 don't seem to know what to do or say ...

No response allowed or encouraged no doubt. G'wan think like a media ostrich. A new week starts on Tuesday and it'll all go away ...

Not very clear is it? Seems to me that they're all really hoping that it will go away.

So once again the first strike goes to the anti's and they're allowed to run and hide by the media that they openly (ab)use.

Does anyone know of an anti's press thing that they've ever followed up with fact?

There's a pattern here ... small national press releases without foundation ... always emotive issues ... always involving a minor personality (who needs more press) and ALWAYS ALWAYS involving vegetarianism or veganism. DAMMIT ... diet is nothing to do with whether you fish or not. Veggie diets hijacked for a bad cause eh?

I know plenty of anglers who are veggies ... there's nowt wrong with that and this is nothing ... absolutely nothing ... to do with dietary preference.

Amazing that it takes a search of the ABC News website to find a PETA quote about F&M being potential revenge on US farmers ... nothing at all on peta.com of course.

I saw the recent 'interview' of the PETA rep when I was in the US live on ABC News. It was a nonsense ... the interviewers didn't know the difference between BSE/CJD and F&M. The PETA rep did ... she bullied them into agreeing with her by making them look like idiots ...

This is their modus operandi ... back doors ... misinformation ... sniping ... use of the media and media people. But never put yourself in the firing line. Take a shot and then be 'unavailable for comment'.

We're nothing like as competent as they are at doing/managing this. I do however note direct approval of our behaviour on this thread from the SAA (and I assume all constituent members) and certain members of the NAA committee.

Long may that continue. These people need troops for the really important issues ... people have more than shown that if these folks get it right there's a real army to call upon. Caveat: only 'if' guys ... remember all of the classic quotes about motivating armies.

Political stuff aside ... this is the second thing that we've done collectively via AN that has caused a REAL stir elsewhere in the good name of angling.

As has been said before, polite but direct is good. No mistakes. And never never let your right to go fishing be questioned without knowing all of the answers.

Seems like we're all on the right track to me

I don't often do long posts but this seemed worth it smile.gif

I wonder if 'they' read this stuff ...

Guest Ken L

Oh what jolly fun this is.

I presume that everyone is intent on continuing to swamp C4 with postings. If that is the case and we all keep playing the 'We post em, they delete em' game for a few more weeks or months, wouldn't it be fun to start hitting them with DPA requests asking for hard copies of all threads that we have contributed to ?

The cost works out at £10 for details of everything that they hold from or about you that can be identified - so it might be worth using the same comtributor names consistently.

By the way, this particular form of pi**ing off the establishment comes courtesy of Mark Thomas at (Oh dear) Channel 4.