Hello everyone!

tezcatlipoca

I'm from the U.S.A. and love everything about fish, including fish-keeping, angling, fish-eating, fish-watching. But there are those about (Veganazis, as I like to call them) who feel compelled to interfere with my fishy lifestyle and while these petaphiles are too busy over here with warm-blooded matters to have made much of an impact on the angling/aquarist communities, they ar beginning to focus on us now. I understand that the situation in Europe and the UK is much worse so I hope to learn how to fend off these morons on our side of the Atlantic by examining what they have accomplished, and how, on yours. I am also intrigued by the long angling tradition in the UK and would like to learn more about it.

I look forward to a rewarding dialogue with the members of these boards and would like to extend the invitation, if permissible, to all of you to join in on the debates at my favorite stateside forums, www.animalrights.net (devoted to debunking ar) and www.ethicdiscussion.com, aka Frankie's Mixed Bag, a site for sportsmen and anyone else from either side of the animal use debate to gather and have it out.

Cheers!

Heyup Tez.

Paul

Hi Tez,

Welcome aboard.

We call the aros antis over here.

Try doing a search of the forum (top right) using 'anti' as the search key, and you'll find them mentioned a few times on here :)

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Hi Tez welcome to Anglers Net.Look forward to reading your posts.We allready have a couple of guys from the US on here,Newt is even one of the moderators.It is always interesting to read whats happening over your side of the pond.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Hi tezcatlipoca, welcome to AN :)

As has already been mentioned, we already have a few Aliens on here, but they seem to be okay so I suppose we could let you stay too

Tight lines

[ 25. October 2003, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: John S ]

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.