New Okuma Centrepin model

PeterNE1

Don't think I would like to own that reel. It looks like a bloody nike trainer! I much prefer the traditional colours.

:thumbs:

Sorry If Ive missed it/forgotten but how much are these "bling" Okuma's?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think I would like to own that reel. It looks like a bloody nike trainer! I much prefer the traditional colours.

Silver and black are traditional colours Rik. Don't forget the sheffield is silver and they do an all gold one (the gold one's not my cup of tea though).

I have a Spitfire on order from Cris Lythe and that's a copy of an old reel...silver (spitfire coloured) drum and a black back plate.

I think it's the handles on Georges reel that may look a bit bling in the pic, in the flesh they most likely look very nice :).

Silver and black are traditional colours Rik. Don't forget the sheffield is silver and they do an all gold one (the gold one's not my cup of tea though).

I have a Spitfire on order from Cris Lythe and that's a copy of an old reel...silver (spitfire coloured) drum and a black back plate.

I think it's the handles on Georges reel that may look a bit bling in the pic, in the flesh they most likely look very nice :).

I would think that ATS was refering to the RAW 2 Ian not the Rotoglide? (which looks just like the other Okumas to me!) But is the Rotaglide any good George as £90 seems a good price?

I would think that ATS was refering to the RAW 2 Ian not the Rotoglide? (which looks just like the other Okumas to me!) But is the Rotaglide any good George as £90 seems a good price?

Yeah,I think your right budgie :). I must addmitt though I like it :D .

But is the Rotaglide any good George as £90 seems a good price?

I haven't had the chance to use it yet as this weekend am away at the Grayling Society Symposium in Cumbria but my first impressions on it when it arrived were good, Its robust and nothing falls off it, its well put together to be honest, nothing has been hurried on the finish of it and its spins very nice. I don't normally like modern reels I prefer older models but as I said to Ian I wanted a reel which didn't break the bank to use as a working reel instead of a show reel and I believe the Rotoglide has done that without using it yet I would give it 8/10 for construction and affordability.

A Scotsman in Yorkshire...http://traditionalfloats.blogspot.co.uk/

I haven't had the chance to use it yet as this weekend am away at the Grayling Society Symposium in Cumbria but my first impressions on it when it arrived were good, Its robust and nothing falls off it, its well put together to be honest, nothing has been hurried on the finish of it and its spins very nice. I don't normally like modern reels I prefer older models but as I said to Ian I wanted a reel which didn't break the bank to use as a working reel instead of a show reel and I believe the Rotoglide has done that without using it yet I would give it 8/10 for construction and affordability.

Cheers George look forward to reading your veiws once you have used it. Im still extremely happy with my AN pin and Leeds but allways interested in reports of new ones on the market.

i had a play with both the recent dragoncarp reels in the shop ,the one goerge has (rotoglide) is a sheffield clone

HW650__42978_zoom.png

,and a dam fine one ,nice alloy handles and at £90 ,its cheaper than a okumas version (this may even of been made at the okuma factory as a specified order ,you pick from a options list and you buy by the thousend ) fugly brown (appropriately coloured) hyperglide is well just poo .

HW625__02793_zoom.png

both come with a rather nice box though .

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

i had a play with both the recent dragoncarp reels in the shop ,the one goerge has (rotoglide) is a sheffield clone

HW650__42978_zoom.png

,and a dam fine one ,nice alloy handles and at £90 ,its cheaper than a okumas version (this may even of been made at the okuma factory as a specified order ,you pick from a options list and you buy by the thousend ) fugly brown (appropriately coloured) hyperglide is well just poo .

HW625__02793_zoom.png

both come with a rather nice box though .

Have to agree Steve they sent me the hydra glide by mistake and I have to say its definitely Poo, as I said to Ian, pressed metal and not very robust.

The Rotoglide is much more respectable and well put together as well as the nice box comes with a neoprene pouch too :D

A Scotsman in Yorkshire...http://traditionalfloats.blogspot.co.uk/

:thumbs:

Sorry If Ive missed it/forgotten but how much are these "bling" Okuma's?

RRP according to Svendson Sports is going to duck just under £200, as and when they 'offically' hit the UK, sometime on (or after!) 20th January 2012 ... though I think we all realise that RRP frequently is far removed from the price at which you can actually buy.

IF you can locate one genuinely for sale outside of the UK, advertised prices are much cheaper, but you usually get bitten by the postie

Edited by PeterNE1

I thought it might be ... but that would lead me to question whether it might be prudent to buy a 'genuine' Sheffield, which you can usually find available new for less than 20 more, including the shipping costs? :huh: