Get your licence from your LOCAL (small) post office

Tog

Here's a 'two birds with one stone'

Get your fishing licence from a small 'challenged' post office in order to help them survive.

As of some point in the past? all post offices sell them again. :)

[ 11. June 2004, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: toggle ]

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or on the net, this seasons and last i bought over the net,wonderfull,besides i hates the post office!well standing in the que i do any way..oh im a lazy bugger :D

[ 11. June 2004, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: ratty46 ]

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

It's the net for me unless they let tackle dealers sell them again.

Paul

So you help kill off all the little post offices then! :mad:

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

I always buy my fishing licence from the small local post office. Being doing that way when they first started do it. Why should I pay the extra 25pence handling fee for the EA :mad:

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

quote:

So you help kill off all the little post offices then!
I used to be quite happy buying mine from the tackle shop. When they stopped that and sold them from the post offices the counter staff never seemed that happy about having to sell them to me so why should i feel any obligation to buy from them. Direct Debit now, very convenient too thanks.

Gary

><((((º>`·.¸¸´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><(((º>

.·´¯`·.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´><((((º>

save the local post office?

How much do you think they earn for selling a fishing license? it will be under 10p then after tax etc etc nothing. The only reason post offices sell them is because the government asked them to andin the hope of secondery sells, stamps etc etc. Theone who is killing the post office is all the big wigs in parliment who get paid far to much money, saying that all benifeit has to be paid via the bank. And theonly reason they dothis is beacuse it SAVES THEM money. rant over

btw i do get mine from post office only because i get it the day i am going fishing after april 1 and i dont like the thoughtof having to explain why i not got my license with me. Also i can send the wife to get it for me

Visit our NEW FISHING Website (now updatedANGLERS-TALES

Big post office staff never seem happy to sell you anything! :mad: - but local small ones seem very glad for the income however small. :) (probably due to the lack of pension's income).

I was looking to renew mine over the net a month or two back then I saw that ALL post offices now sell the licence,(when they first returned to the post office only main ones did & I had'nt noticed that this had changed).

A pleasant 5mins walk and the attractive assistant provided me with friendly efficient service & Roberts your mother's brother I had my licence and saved 25P into the bargain.

Why buy via your PC when you can support your smaller local Post office and save a packet of crisps as well, (and if your counter assistant is as attractive as one near here enjoy the scenery while your at it!)

Tell ya what toggle, you're luckier at your post office than mine! I was talking about the local one not a main branch. They didn't know who was eligible for what class of licence, they didn't know how to fill it in and made it quite plain they didn't think it worth the hassle. A couple of seasons of that and i was glad to buy online when the chance came round!!

Gary

><((((º>`·.¸¸´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><(((º>

.·´¯`·.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´><((((º>