Who was out today?I spent the day....

JV44

Fished my usual perch swim on the Thames - I know where all the bleak have gone, there were hordes of them. I was feeding them maggots and had them boiling on the surface. Couldn't get a bite on worm, but missed two on small bleak.

Fished my usual perch swim on the Thames - I know where all the bleak have gone, there were hordes of them. I was feeding them maggots and had them boiling on the surface. Couldn't get a bite on worm, but missed two on small bleak.

What kind of spot had they chosen to migrate to Steve? I can never find the little blighters on by bit of water once they've done their annual disappearing act. I have a suspicion, but it's strictly no fishing so can't try it to find out :rolleyes:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I had a nice evening session, Whiting Bashing, down at Gillingham Pier. It got Sue interested in doing more beach fishing; coarse fishing is in abeyance for the time being.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

I had a nice evening session, Whiting Bashing, down at Gillingham Pier. It got Sue interested in doing more beach fishing; coarse fishing is in abeyance for the time being.

Norma and I went over there last week as the tide was high at about 5.40pm.

Fished from about 3.30pm until well after high tide. A fish a chuck - nearly all were small whiting, but got enough keepers to provide a meal.

No sign of any smelt - the only non-whiting was a (very) small cod.

Glad to hear we left some for you :)

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Vagabond

I wondered if I would see any Smelt but it was wall to wall Whiting even though Sue did manage a small Pouting. Tallking to the locals (or should I say regulars) one reported catching a Weaver like fish that was not a Weaver back in September...... so was it a Smelt?

Also on our recent visit to Cuba, Sue caught a nice Bahama Snapper, I will put the pictures on the sitye when she gets round to downloading them.

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.