questions about wels catfish

gaza

Long,thin,stiff things! Chesters at your age you must have a good memory! :D:P

Catman must admit I have never found anyone yet who has convinced me they can sex a cat without killing it.A guy I took with me once was really in to aquarium keeping,he reckoned you could tell by the shape of the vent,the females being narrower and longer.Gazza be good to hear your views.Never been that worried really in all honestey.As Catman says though still a great deal unknown about the natural history of these fish.When I first got in to them I went up to the Natural History Museum and got copy of all the info they had,not much.Thought the Russians would have a bit more info on breeding etc than they do,due to the economic value of cats in the Volga? None of my Russian contacts have ever been able to add much more. :confused:

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok budgie thats fair comment from you mate so i take it john that you wont be following me around anymore to promote your company. but now thats aside then here we go follow the vents to the extreme top halve of the catfish on the back of the head, with me so far its easy if the they are males the vents at the top are pointed and if they are females then they are round. we have just finished a video coming out next year on how they bread and what happens to the females how there injurys are acccounted for how the males hold them down in packs and how the males guard the nest.when they spawn water temps coulour of water plays a major role in the early spawn and how males win there teritory and this leads to the capture on video as some might say not witnessed but hay whatever and some information you can all learn from even you john and budgie as knowledge is good in the right hands. well chaps now you let me know if you need any videos posting out next year send me your address please so i can possibly even come round with it and have a chat if i am in england or frnace or spain as i get around :D :cool: :cool: :cool:

fishing guide for catfish and carp

hi chesters very whitty mate i like some people with a sense of humour honest i do

john how many times have you fished the delta and where just to clarify you must have fished there a lot of times to come up with the facts about the delta when you rang me last time you said these few words have you got a boat for the day because i have never fished here only amposta way and i wonder if you can help sorry mate had to say it. so as i have fished here nearly every day for years and i still aint got all the information yet gatherd and beleive me i have gatherd some info.

QUOTE FROM BUDGIE

Gary you seem to think that myself and Catman have a problem with you. You have done this before.

battle of the guide quiz show

what are you going on about budgie dont take this the wrong way honestly budgie or is that what you just wanted to print that.It was along drawn out explantion, about not going on about it. or whatever you was going on about mate.. sorry but i am totally confused by your written statement buddy. i had to sit for a while and try to have some explantion as to why you actualy wrote this budgie. it seems that the person you have respect for cannot always be the person you may know or not know as the case may be. what i think i will do is start another conversation and see where it leads to so now this and this is not aimed at anybody ,this was supposed to be about catfish i should move on hope the information i have passed you serves you well.but look out for the video discussion closed.

Thought we was getting some where with your first reply Gazza then you spoilt it by going off on one about Catman/John.I and I doubt anyone else here is interested in your personal issues with him.Here is not the place to air them,try a private mail.As for the comments directed to me I didnt understand a word of that 2nd post Gazza do you drink.take drugs or is English not your first language?No matter how I try to have a sensible discussion with you you seem to have a chip on your shoulder.Lets just forget the whole thing youve sadly done your self or your company no favours. :( Sorry to any other members looking in. :o

budgie discussion is back open, first of all i could not do any harm to a good bussiness budgie with some honest truths. i am sorry that you could not keep your views to yourself as for actualy writing comments that you think or even dare to to suggest that i take drugs,i do not nor do i drink budgie. to any extent cant stand the stuff so you should keep your comments to yourself budgie. i will pass this on with many other comments that have been gatherd for a good look over with some legal people. to see what they have to say. you see (allegations/sugestions) just cannot be made like that.you see budgie you just cannot go around saying things like that. when and as you feel fit to. as i have never ever said anything bad about you or john never only to air my views with what you have said,i think you was right budgie you to should have PM me do you have a grievance with this. As this is your advice not my advice you see budgie, john has nothing to do what you are going on about it seems to me that you yourself have taken this personal and cannot stand anybody making comments unlles you get the last word in,but hay what do i know but you will get to learn more about me budgie .as for keeping it on pms erm read this below

QUOTE FROM BUDGIE

I doubt anyone else here is interested in your personal issues with him."HERE" this is not the place to air them,try a private mail.

take a leaf out of your own book seem to be the most appropraite words i can say.without trying to hurt your feelings.

YOU SHOULD HAVE PRIVATE MAILED ME BUDGIE AND THIS WOULD HAVE GONE NO FURTHER BUT now YOU KNOW HOW YOU STAND.

i never wish to make any threats jestures or hasty remarks in anyway shape or form just to have the life i set out for but as most people know when you start to get to the top in your position then people will alwys "TRY" and most time fail to bring you down.as the company i own is ranked as one of the best, if not the best in spain. i have to accept that some people will get jealous not aimed at anybody in anyway shape or form so i hope nobody will make any hasty comments about this is not aimed at anybody. at all. seems i like to repeat myself and i truly hope this discussion is closed unless we can pm each other from now on.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Gary :(:(:(

I am not going to get involved in this as it is getting way out of hand I am only going to make a couple of comments and then that,s me finished

Firstly almost all of the comments you have said I made to you are not TRUE either the ones by e-mail or on the phone

Secondly as for following you about on the net I think you should look again the only time I mention the company as you put it is if somone asks for advice on the Ebro or to ADD A REPLY when somone else has mentioned their company and as for blatant advertising I think you should look how many times the link to YOUR website appeares on nearly every site I visit either put there by yourself of somone you know including a blatant plug for your holidays on this site in the carp section

I have no problem with you plugging your holidays but just because somone puts out other information on other holidays you should not complain people have the right to get as much info as possible on a suitable holiday before they make up there mind who to go with

And don,t you remember when I was giving out some info to a lad on a forum some time ago you came in and offered him a special cheap rate to go with you ??? did I get uptight about that NO

I am afraid you can,t expect to have the market to yourself I was warned about the bikkering between the guides on the Ebro but I was hoping to avoid it :(:(

Out of respect for Elton and the other members of Anglers Net I will be not continuing this thread Mr Sheridan.This is not what this site is about.I shall await hearing from your solicitors.

Catman good luck with your ventures on the Ebro will have to meet up in the summer.Dont worry most of the long term guides I have met over the years are quite pleasant and willing to share info and buisness.Shame was enjoying the conversation and exchange of ideas.

Newt & Others,

As I am a Novice when it comes to WELS fishing, I can only state that the Guiding Advice that you receive from BUDGIE is On TIME!!! I was familure with the name Wels, but had never seen one up close until I was in France. Here in Germany, it is hard to catch a KITTY. Live bait is not allowed. As they enjoy evening meals more than any other time of the day, our night fishing is also limited. On a private empoundment, this is from time to time allowed, but this is not the norm. This year we had 3 fish caught from our primary compound in Kitzingen. What was most surprising was that the first fish was caught with a Silver Spoon. The other fish were taken with baited hooks and time invested on the lake. I have read quite a bit about the Rhine, Main and Dornau rivers giving up fish up to 100 lbs. I happen to live on the Main and have invested some time in it's study. I have seen places that I consider HOT looking, but have not been able to fully access. I am looking forward to my first German Wels and will let everyone know when it happens.

HOPPY

Hoppy4 - thanks for the Germany info.

As for the rest, I think this thread has more than run it's course.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President