RIVERS IN ESSEX

fish4life

Hi Mark I am secretary of club so you could join through me or at tackle box (shop) in north street sudbury.

My business number is 01787 312902 its best to ring between 9.30 and 4 as my wife is there to help with phone.

john

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

james hunt:

gorton have you not fished fields weir for the pike.

i fished there a couple of years back and had a real good day. no monsters but plenty of fish.

I usually pop off to dobbs weir and have not yet fished fields weir, one thing about dead baiting on the Lee is that I found the cray fish such a pain when using static deadbaits. how do you get round this problem.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

Hi James

Not fished it for a few years now but used to with reasonable success, as you say lots of smaller ones, did have some bigger fish out of the far sluice, the side nearest the Stort (not sure should have been fishing there)on deadbaits. The Stort "mouth" where it joins the Lea is alive with perch at the moment must try to fish it in the next few weeks to see how big they are.

Am a member at Ryemeads now so send to do most of my piking there these days, although I fished the North lagoon for coarse fish a couple of weeks back and when I looked in the water as it got light the bottom was swarming with crayfish and although I have never been bothered by them there in the past it is a bit alarming.

Hi Peter

The crayfish are a pain but when the weather gets colder they tend to quieten down quite a bit, try popping your baits up with a bit of foam.

Quite excited at the moment, off to Ireland Saturday for the annual pike fishing and Guinness drinking boating holiday on the Shannon and Suck between Portumna and Athlone.

Mark,

I wouldn't give up on the Chelmer... As four 6lb plus chub were landed during last winter and it's a day ticket water (£3 a day or £10 for the winter season) the majority of big Chub come from behind the factories, right in the middle of Chelmsford town centre.

Steve