which whip

frodo_uk

I manage my 6m ok,in fact i want something that will take 20 elastic,mine only as 10 ,as we are going to Lonsdale park in Cumbria where there are aledgedly big fish

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Think I would have stuck to the Anne Summers model!
I think there should be an icon for "whoosh that comment went right over my head" :rolleyes: .

maybe I am thick after all.

I'm damn sure its not the pole, its me, but just need a few pointers on handling it .

fat, stupid hobbit.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Think I would have stuck to the Anne Summers model!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think there should be an icon for "whoosh that comment went right over my head" .

maybe I am thick after all.

I'm damn sure its not the pole, its me, but just need a few pointers on handling it .

ohh i see an ann summers "whip" i get it now. I was a bit confused as i am talking poles now.

doh!

[ 06. August 2004, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: frodo_uk ]

fat, stupid hobbit.

frodo your using it too long to start with a 12.5 m pole is good up to to about 10m i would start at about 8m and get use to it or even closer ,anyone would struggle using the pole at full range.are you sitting on a seatbox ? get comfy and push the pole between your legs you should be able to feed with one hand .start short and build up it only take practice and soon you will wonder how you did without it.cheers big al

british by birth ,english by the grace of god

big al:

frodo your using it too long to start with a 12.5 m pole is good up to to about 10m i would start at about 8m and get use to it or even closer ,anyone would struggle using the pole at full range.are you sitting on a seatbox ? get comfy and push the pole between your legs you should be able to feed with one hand .start short and build up it only take practice and soon you will wonder how you did without it.cheers big al

Go and buy a copy of bob nudds guide to pole fishing, its about 8 quid.

Loads of help and tips.

Over time practice will make perfect.

To stop tanles while shipping out keep the tip under the water and drag the rig out.

Once pole at length you are fishing lift it and drop the rig on the spot you are fishing.

For feeding buy a pole pot that clips on the pole or a proper feeding cup kit.

With these you can drop feed right on the spot you are fishing with reat accuracy.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Frodo, I was never shown how to use a pole and had the same troubles as you are having. I put my chair about 45 degrees to the water and set up (once I have plumbed the depth) with the float 8" to 10" from the tip of the pole. When "shipping out" keep the tip of the pole close to the water which, by keeping the line in the water, stops tangling. Another purchase you could make would be a 'Clever Claw' which you put it at your side with the roller about 2feet in front. Properly set the 'clever claw' will hold your pole while you groundbait your swim.

[ 06. August 2004, 09:55 PM: Message edited by: kleinboet ]

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Talking of Poles...we bought our 12 year old son one while on holiday. It was only £15 (I think) anyway only cheap and you should have seen the fish he has caught with it, it was ready elasticated, up to carp weigh. last weekend we went camping near Holmfirth and they had a smallish pond with Carp, roach, skimmers and bream. There was a chap sat next to him with all the top gear and he was feeder fishing, he caught 4 and matthew was pulling Bream and skimmers outfor fun, we lost count after 20!! It was getting a bit embarrasing :) He always catches more than us, another Matt hayes in the making...

Tight Lines

Jean

big al and klienbot you both have posted posts which I think are going to be extemely useful to me ...thank you, and rudd you read my mind,I have heard of this video and had half a mind to buy it. your recommendation has sealed the deal cheers . and last but not least I hope I have as much success as your son has had on his pole. (perhaps I should of gone for a cheaper model :rolleyes: ) lol

fat, stupid hobbit.

• 4 years later...

I was looking at the fishing gear in Argos last week, while I was buying a brolly and they had a fairly decent collection of very affordable whipes and poles. I was almost tempted to have one myself but alas, I was short in mullah.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...