Martin Salter and Mark Lloyd fail to deliver again

andy_youngs

Any chance of getting back on topic? The fact is that Salter, ex MP and director of the Angling Trust, challenged me to a public debate, and now appears to be trying to wriggle out of it. Any comments on that?

Other than not surprised, No not really Andy.

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than not surprised, No not really Andy.

Bob, I go recreational sea angling about twice as often as I go caneoing; ie, I go canoeing once a year, and I go offshore recreational fishing for bass / cod out of Southwold roughly twice a year. I also have the odd day over the winter months fishing from the beach.

I go freshwater fishing all the time, and I resent having to pay for a rod license when I know for a fact that the money is used to stuff a neighbouring river with non native fish, whilst promoting my local river as a canoeing honeypot.

I don't expect you to attend any debate on behalf of the RSA personally (although representation from someone would be nice), but how about adding your voice to the call for a fair and reasonable public debate?

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig

Any chance of getting back on topic? The fact is that Salter, ex MP and director of the Angling Trust, challenged me to a public debate, and now appears to be trying to wriggle out of it. Any comments on that?

er, Martin Salter is not a director of the Angling Trust.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

how many individual rsa are on the trusts books? :)

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Andy mate I will do anything necessary to help protect sea angling you can count on it. If that means having a public debate with Mr Salter then I ‘WILL’ be there just as long as I can see it is going to be of benefit. That is why I asked you for some more background about this challenge he has given you.

Martin has IMPO a mind set on what he believes is good for sea angling, much of which I’m at odds with. Is he likely to change his views? I very much doubt it so I question the point of a debate.

In a press release from the Trust dated 13.12.11. They said >>>> ‘Martin is to be based within the Angling Trust but will be working across the sector as a whole to promote greater unity and improved joint working. In addition to assisting in campaigning, fundraising and political lobbying, Martin hopes to help drive up membership and increase participation in both the AT and ATA.’As Leon said no hint of being on the board.

The bits that worries me most is ‘political lobbying’ and ‘drive up membership of the Angling Trust and The Angling Trades Association?’ The later providing prizes for Angling 2012 participation, which the Trust are supposedly not taking sides on.

In short I see no reason to trust him nor do I expect him to change his views no matter what he has to say and as far as sea angling is concerned the Angling Trust have just made a huge step toward supporting both Angling 2012 and the introduction of a sea angling licence with all the terms that will be attached to it, why else employ him?

One thing is for sure and that is the AT are unlikely to recapture the numbers to give them the majority of sea anglers that they have now lost and as such can no longer claim to speak on behalf of them.

"Martin has IMPO a mind set on what he believes is good for sea angling, much of which I’m at odds with. Is he likely to change his views? I very much doubt it so I question the point of a debate."

Don't follow the logic there Bob. You clearly disagree with Salter, you acknowledge that he is unlikely to change his mind, and therefore you don't see the point in a debate? I'm afraid I reach the opposite conclusion. That is a very good reason for a debate.

Edited by andy_youngs

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig

Andy mate I will do anything necessary to help protect sea angling you can count on it. If that means having a public debate with Mr Salter then I ‘WILL’ be there just as long as I can see it is going to be of benefit.

Angling Trust have just made a huge step toward supporting both Angling 2012 and the introduction of a sea angling licence with all the terms that will be attached to it, why else employ him?

cobblers, benifits, you do exactly the opposite quote note: would be nice to see the rsa org take off, not under your constraints of challenge all before brains in gear. Coastguard fans , pba skippers, cefas, me, bass guys, poolbay small boat guys, mods on wsf, Budgie, Nick Staples etc etc. end quote, or don't they count in your grand plan. You have created a mountain to climb, nice one.

In addition where is your evidence of the second para, licences, or assumption on your part to stir the preverbial.

Liked the way you are copping out of the cannoe issue, nice one.

144 pages of discussion on another web site, re the coastguard issue by the guys who have said exactly opposite to you. You support plate sized bass, compared with more and bigger fish that is the one point that most rsa will tell you. And as confirmed with your straw poll.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Well Andy mate, put it this way you and I both know all we need to about what is going on at the Angling Trust and further we know Martins views. Yes a debate might well help a few more find out but my suspicion is that with everything else that is going on at present all you will achieve is identifying yourself to him and your programme. He will only be interested to see if and what threat you pose and that is the only reason why he would want to talk to you.

Better to use a tactic called keeping your ammunition dry, take us at the org. we have been opposing the ‘Angling 2012’ thing publicly by running a ‘Tell them nothing’ campaign but that is far from the only string in the bow, though I do wish we had a good lawyer on hand. There are ways and means of dealing with problems remember the old saying ‘The power of the Pen’ and all that.

Have you fresh water boys not got an org up together to oppose the trust, there hold over angling can be weakened immensely if you were to get organised and get some numbers to support you because that is what matters most to the powers that be.

One sentence in a private meeting just before Christmas will have set the alarm bells ringing at the AT it was when Les Weller who runs the huge Northern Federation told David Mitchell that the Northern Fed had on its own more members than the AT when it comes to sea angling. David was both rattled and clearly embarrassed. Now that was in front of eight out of the ten IFCA sea angling reps imagine what would happen had that been in front of DEFRA or the minister who are sure to hear about it any way.

From what I have heard there appears as much discontent from fresh water anglers about the AT as there are on the marine side, if so why are the Trust allowed to continue to get away with it. Declare war expose them responsible what have you to loose. The Trust is week right now and it won’t take too much to get rid of them or better still take them over.

One thing is certain just look at the stats here this thread has one heck of a lot of interest even when only a few are posting.

Edited by Bob Shotter

Just to side track a little (sorry Andy) Looks like someone's dumped some 'mal-ware' on your site Bob, might be a good idea to sort it out sharpish!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!