This IP Board appearance

Jim_UK

I find it very difficult to follow topics with the default set up were you see the original post and then follow up posts are just links listed below.

Can it be individually configured so that each post appears underneath it's predecessor as it does in phpBB and VB boards and most others?

If so how please do I set it so?

Jim

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

At the bottom-left of the page is a box, click on that and set it to AnglersNet. That should sort it :)

Welcome to the forum by the way :thumbs:

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

His is probably simpler but this works too.

display-1.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt (Admin) Your method works and John S - sorry but what you described had no effect at all (I did try John S method first)

Now I feel more at home with the layout being a user of phpBB for years and actually for a number of years being on the phpBB.com team.

All the best for the New year to all readers and their kith and kin.

Jim

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

Glad you got it sorted. A couple of the layout options are no fun at all.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

The view Newt described is the standard layout. The alternative layout you were viewing wasn't.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

The view Newt described is the standard layout. The alternative layout you were viewing wasn't.

Hi Elton,

How strange then. I had made no changes so what I was seeing was presumably the default.

Anyway - whatever the cause what I have now (standard) is the one that makes most sense to me and what I can easily browse with so thanks for the assistance guys.

Jim

Jim - occasionally you may view a forum post or topic that has been set to Linear and it will change your view option over to match. It doesn't even have to be a topic or post from Anglers' Net. It has happened to me on occasion and it was massively annoying until I learned how to "fix" it.

Jim - occasionally you may view a forum post or topic that has been set to Linear and it will change your view option over to match. It doesn't even have to be a topic or post from Anglers' Net. It has happened to me on occasion and it was massively annoying until I learned how to "fix" it.

Thanks for the info. I will watch for that.

One more question - When I submit a post it never comes up straight away but has to be checked first. Is that a permanent thing or just for the first x posts?

Jim

Thanks for the info. I will watch for that.

One more question - When I submit a post it never comes up straight away but has to be checked first. Is that a permanent thing or just for the first x posts?

Jim

First 15 posts :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE