what a catch

sparrowhawk

I took my 10 year old daughter fishing with me at the weekend. She was quiet happy sitting there with her 3.5ft rod, catching perch, but she didnt expect to catch herself a 12.5 lb carp. She needed help to get it in, but all the same it wasnt bad for her first carp :D , and she beat my personal best by 1 lb

Lets hope she is hooked for life.Best chuck away your gear and use her rod!Cant wait till my youngest daughter asks to go but as she is only 10 months Im going to haveto wait a bit.Her elder sister,now 30, never took any interest in fishing just the young fishermen down my lake!Learnt to make a proper cuppa in the bivvy though!Definately dont need boys to take fishing!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

It gives you great satisfaction to encourage the younguns. Remember fly fishing a lake in Lincolnshire on my hols. Young lad opposite lashed the the lake in front of him into a foam! His dad was with him but must not have been an angler. Poor kid packed in and was walking past me when I hooked into a good brownie bout 2.5lbs. "Excuse me son but I have got cramp in my hand can you land this fish please" and promptly handed him my rod. After about 10 mins of nervous coaching I netted the fish for him,administered the last rites and handed him the fish. "You mean I can keep it?" "Its your fish son you brought it in" "Dad just wait till mam sees it"

Ahhhhhh! Who said Snatcher was an old meanie

Mind you it was a one off,a lapse! Do not want to spoil my reputation! x

:):)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy