Mini Spomb

tincatinca

For anyone who spods, the soon to be released mini spomb looks interesting. Scroll down the page on the link to get an idea of the size. I think this would be excellent for maggots and a dry mix.

http://spomb.com/Spomb/Home.html

Hi Paul

I have been waiting for this having bought the original spomb for that very reason.

It is however a bit big and clumsy.

John

I got a Spomb immediately after Den brought my attention to them some time back.......................................since then Ive never used a Spod! Great kit and although I have found some of the casting claims a bit far fetched they are certainly the tool for any baiting up that a catapult or stick cant deal with. Nice people to deal with as well.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Hi Paul

I have been waiting for this having bought the original spomb for that very reason.

It is however a bit big and clumsy.

John

I bought the original when it first came out and whilst to my mind it is better than a spod due to the fact that you can load it with virtually anything, I have always thought that a smaller version would be very usefull. I will certainly be getting a couple when they become available.

I bought the original when it first came out and whilst to my mind it is better than a spod due to the fact that you can load it with virtually anything, I have always thought that a smaller version would be very usefull. I will certainly be getting a couple when they become available.

Yes smaller and heavier to aid real long distance baiting. The standard Spomb (IMO) is "to big for its weight" and that's what stops you being able to really put it out. Trouble with making it smaller rather than heavier is that it dont carry so much so more casts are needed.

But of course any changes cause further "knock on" effects. Great tool like I said and I think I will get the small version as well just to see. My only problem with my Spomb is that as it was an early one its not/wasn't a floater so I had to "adapt" it slightly. New ones float.

I have read a little about these. They allow you to bait around 2oz per cast. I never liked the first one as I felt it was too big and noisy. However I think they may actually have gone a little too small with this one! I am also a little concerned about whether it'll open when feathered down and landing on its side gently....

Will be interested in seeing one tho!

Rich

I'm not a 'spodding' person, but could find a use for this type of thing if it worked like a baitdropper, and released the bait on the bed of the lake/river. Over the years, I have made a few, but never one that I was satisfied with. I suppose that these could be modified to work that way, anyone tried it?

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Yes smaller and heavier to aid real long distance baiting. The standard Spomb (IMO) is "to big for its weight" and that's what stops you being able to really put it out. Trouble with making it smaller rather than heavier is that it dont carry so much so more casts are needed.

But of course any changes cause further "knock on" effects. Great tool like I said and I think I will get the small version as well just to see. My only problem with my Spomb is that as it was an early one its not/wasn't a floater so I had to "adapt" it slightly. New ones float.

Interesting your comment re not being a floater. When I first started using it I used to wait and of course it finished up under the water and could be a pain to get back up to the surface but as it empties its load straight away, I then started to retrieve it as soon as it hit the water and this seemed to work quite well. The only real problem I found was launching it where you had to develop a nice lobbing action instead of a punching one. Clipped it a few times though on the launch and got well showered.

Interesting your comment re not being a floater. When I first started using it I used to wait and of course it finished up under the water and could be a pain to get back up to the surface but as it empties its load straight away, I then started to retrieve it as soon as it hit the water and this seemed to work quite well.

Some times handy to have it float if your not baiting up around a marker but casting the spomb to a known feature and then using it as the marker to ensure you rig is cast over the feed.