Fish Finders/Echo Sounders

Rob Ward

You can get 'double bounce' readings in very shallow water, but never had any bad readings I could put down to temperature.

You could get a false bottom from a thermocline in very deep water though.

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

Just googled it and apparently you can in depths of four feet and under which explains what I was seeing.

So it's bugger all use on the Commercial where I was fishing for Perch yesterday :D

Edited by Rob Ward

Just googled it and apparently you can in depths of four feet and under which explains what I was seeing.

So it's bugger all use on the Commercial where I was fishing for Perch yesterday :D

Were u using it from the shore?

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

I have only had experience of sounders from a boat but know it is important to have the gain turned down as low as you can to get readings. Too high and you get spurious readings.

Jim

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

I've been toying with buying one of those Rob, which one did you get and is it any good ? (Apart from 4 feet and under obviously) :lol:

Edited by jedibond

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

I've been toying with buying one of those Rob, which one did you get and is it any good ? (Apart from 4 feet and under obviously) :lol:

Couldn't comment at the minute as I've yet to use it on a water more than four feet deep :D

It comes with a decent rep though - chinese copy of the Smartcast available on Ebay. It works at a longer range and you can replace the battery in the transducer unlike the smartcast.

Search 'Lucky Fishfinder' on Ebay, I paid around £45 including delivery.