CENTRE PIN REELS

spanishstyle

Posted by Trent.b.

"Just got back from hospital, (BFW actually-same thing) after receiving a nasty gash on my forehead.

I was reading this thread and seemingly fell asleep banging my head on the corner of the monitor.

Regards,

Lee.

PS. Are cane rods responsible for the hacking down of China's bamboo forests? "

Not laughed at a thread on here as much for ages! quality.... :D:D

nice one Lee

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Are cane rods responsible for the hacking down of China's bamboo forests'

Its the new PETA slogan 'buy a cane rod...kill a panda'

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

"Its the new PETA slogan 'buy a cane rod...kill a panda'"

LOL :D

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

Dear Ray,

I actually own a converted Mk2. It has a simple circuit inside the drum that acts as a bite alarm. Nice bit of kit but stopped using it after ten minutes as the clutch is absolute crap. Can't cast for toffee with it either. The de-buzzered reel is now in the hamster’s cage.

Shimanos on the other hand are pure perfection. One small step for man, one giant leap for proper anglers.

Regards,

Lee.

Thought this might be appropriate that i found on the web.

Bicycle Cranks Recalled by Shimano - ... Shimano has received more than 630 reports of cranks breaking in North ... consumers should stop using their bicycles immediately and call Shimano at ......

I always thought there was something not quite right about northern anglers and their choice of tackle. :rolleyes: ..Ray

[ 16. April 2005, 12:50 AM: Message edited by: RollingPinBoy ]

Dear Peter,

Little bicycle cranks is all that remains when faced with the vastly super reels and superior engineering that shimano reels are bestowed with. Best in tha world tha knows.

Shimano baitrunners skip barbel in across the surface to a waiting net faster than a Aussie surfer paddling out to catch the next wave.

Skip, skip, skip, skip, skip, skip, shwoosh net weigh, cast plop. Strike, skip, skip, skip, skip, skip, skip, shwoosh net weigh, cast plop.

No wonder I catch so many barbel in a season. Must be those modern light as a feather rods and brilliantly engineered living in the present day shimano baitrunners?

Nah. Pure angling skill. And a couple of pints of modesty as well.

Regards,

Lee.

Michael G:

This all comes too late for me; I bought a centrepin last week (Okuma Aventa Pro).  Haven't taken it out of the box yet.  I want to use it on a carp pond where 8lb is a big fish.  So should I use braid or mono?  If it's braid, should I put some backing on?

OK, but: braid or mono?