Soft Lures

Del_R

Thanks for the compliment Peter.

With the exception of SWP 02 and Bainton 03 when I out fished the rest of the gang, you are right.

You and the rest of the gang might out fish me, but I would like to bet that I have the most fun.

What with all that tree climbing, and then leaping into boats from a great height, going around in ever decreasing circles. Because I forgot to switch the motor off when I anchored up.

I know I have the best fishing buddies available, you included Peter.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I buy some similar lures that are bought in the shape of the complete fish - they don't need heads. I just make up a trace with two size 8 barbless trebles and mount it with a baiting needle as if I was trolling a deadbait. The only difference is that I pass the swivel straight through the side of the head - in through one gill and out through the other. Sometime I even make sure that the exit point is actually behind the entry point. I then add a drilled bullet for casting weight above the swivel. It would cast better if it was on the trace itself, but I suppose I'm just too lazy to put a new swivel onto the trace every time I change lures.

I have never come across anything with a better action. Sometimes you have to virtually fight the damn things in! They can actually start wandering off at right angles to the direction of the retrieve. I don't know the make, but they are about six inches long, have the red-gill type of tail and cost about £3.50 for a pack of five.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Del

Meant to say that I also rate Masterline's HEAD-CASES

Posted Image

easy to obtain and not a rip-off (@1.99)

"Description

RRP £1.99

These are available in four sizes and three colours. Each pack contains one ready rigged head and 2 spare bodies. The special heavy lead head design ensures a superb fast sinking wounded fish action. Great for jigging!

"

See HERE

DG

[ 04. March 2004, 08:14 AM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

DG,

Thanks for all the info'. Looks like I've got plenty of options. As regards the head-cases... after reading yours and Peter's last few posts I'm wondering just who Masterline named them after!! :-))

Del

quote:

Originally posted by Del_R:

DG,

Thanks for all the info'. Looks like I've got plenty of options. As regards the head-cases... after reading yours and Peter's last few posts I'm wondering just who Masterline named them after!! :-))

Del

No contest! PW of course! They're also called Plastic Wallies

Many Thanks to Gareth & Peter for the kind words about Floteq Grubb Screws - glad you liked 'em.

If anyone needs any further information please email me at bkbao9515@blueyonder.co.uk

Thanks again

Barry

Barry

How about if you post a couple of pictures here? Love to see these things.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President