Fish Eyesight - Camo

Elton

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

watched go fishing on friday morning the one with Bob Nudd on, in his white hat and maroon suit, he balled in about six balls of ground bait making as much noise as possible " to atract the fish"

makes ya wonder about the stealth and cammo thing....

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.

quote:

Originally posted by deanbmw:

watched go fishing on friday morning the one with Bob Nudd on, in his white hat and maroon suit, he balled in about six balls of ground bait making as much noise as possible " to atract the fish"

makes ya wonder about the stealth and cammo thing....

What was the clarity of the water???? Could the fish see Bob's white hat even if they wanted to?? (See my previous post!) :rolleyes:

DG

Well its time to face the facts and look in the angling mirror. Mostly this whole thing is about fashion and wearing the uniform. The uniform says I am a member of this community.

Camo may be of use when stalking shy fish in crystal clear chalk streams.....but crawling on ones belly is more effective as bushes moving unnaturally will spook fish, would bloody spook me at twilight.

I could wear my yellow Berghaus, but instead I wear my green wading jacket, does the colour really make a difference on a fast flowing river at 30 yards....I think not. But we anglers must look good when catching, and even more so when blanking.

Off now to select my wardrobe for my first carping session of the year this weekend.

PS why are carping sleeping bags green ?

So that when they come hopping out of thier bivvy, half-asleep, with thier sleeping bag tangled round one leg, it won't scare the fish silly.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Hi all,

Anybody remember the pole ace Ray Mumford? If memory server me correct he always used to wear light coloured tops as he recked he was far more likely to be silhouetted against the sky than the bankside so trying to blend to the colour of the sky made more sense.

If you think about it aren't a lot of wading birds (storks ect) white ?

Cheers

Paul

[ 16. April 2004, 11:53 AM: Message edited by: Paul Garner ]