Royalty Fishery & The River Stour Hampshire

DANIEL07881

Daniel,

As you've suggested, both rivers are very good. However depending on how experienced you are, piking on these rivers during the autumn/winter is quite a challenge. The Royalty is often described by local anglers as a 'Live-bait only' river. Well, if you'll forgive me the indulgence, here's one Royalty pike that didn't realise my Sardine was a goner! :D

Posted Image

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

If you just want some action I would reccommend lure fishing the Dorset Stour, there are plenty of pike of all sizes all the way through. There's two free stretches @ Longham and Muscliffe and there's also Throop Fishery (available on a day-ticket) which has a total of eleven miles of bank and many pike.

The Avon is going to be slower but there's still a fair few good fish, lure fishing is not really an option on most of the Avon because of club rules, (Salmon) and being the Avon no-one is likely to put you onto swims either, (although Slodger's swim is well known )

LOL Buy yourself a day-ticket Daniel, you'll soon find it.

Besides, the whole stretch is worth some attention. Might be worth Googling a few relevant words and seeing what's written up elsewhere on the net.

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'