Kickles Farm Syndicate

Guest Graham E

Guest shrinktube

Like to start by correcting Graham E on your opening thread re adams mill. I have been in contact with one of the kickles invitees and i think that your information is incorrect. If one of the accused men has applied for tender information on Adams is is NOT in coordination or has anything to do with Kickles farm. Kickles farm and who fishes there is decided by the farmer himself and no one else. To be honest all this crap that has been posted on various sites and in the press re Kickles has been innaccurate or written purely out of envy.

Whichever way we look at this it is only fishing after all! What the landowner says goes ...end of story, its his property and he can do what he likes with it. All the stories of the desparate souls in their hundreds(apparently) who previously fished the stretch for barbel and now cannot, quite frankly surprises me. I say this because according to the owner of Kickles the number of different anglers who fished there prior to the publicity of the past few years was less than 10. And that,s being generous. Lets face it the barbel fishing was virtually an unknown quantity until i think it was Guy Robb who first caught the fish in the Winter and the information leeked out as to where they had come from. Before that ...bugger all.Afew local lads fishing there by themselves. How things change when a few big fish start being caught! Now it seems every body has an interest in the place and if you believe what is written it seems that the farmer must have had bloody poor eyesight to have missed all of those hundreds of anglers who claim to have"fished it for years"...Either that of it's not true. Which is more plausable?

What's fact is that after the 19 was reported on the Wednesday there was 15 anglers on the bank on the Saturady.

I notice that all of the crititism has come from people who are obviously not on the chosen list. That i can understand but what seems interesting is the fact that some of the worst comments have come from those who allegedly tried themselves to get the fishery on syndicate for themselves!

As in true tradition of this thread lets play guessy games as to who they are. The first call apparently came from TJ a chairman of an club who phoned the farmer as soon as the news broke about lease not being renewed with NPAC. It allegedly went something like " i want to offer you £4000 in cash now with a view to putting a 20 man syndicate on the venue" Yes £4000. Result.....turned down.

Second call later from PS friends with SH who wanted also to put together a 20 man syndicate, He even put the idea in writing on Club headed paper! but lets not be unfair by embarrassing him or the club as that wouldn't be nice would it. Result ...turned down. Next up was the famous one SP, who of course was representing everybody best interest. Result ...unsuccessful.

End result, farmer lets people fish there who he wants to and for alot less money than he could have had if it was all it was about was money.

Amazing that some of the above spoke of disgust and fury that that the fishing was going to just a few. "Terrible for angling" "they should be ashamed of themselves" "we will track them down" (as if they give a s..t).

All this from a few people that if they had got it for their own group they would i believe been as quiet as mice. Indeed i wonder just how many of the critics if asked if they would like to fish Kickles would have said yes if they were asked????

One of them certainly did as they were asked the question...i need not print the reply for fear of their embarrasment.

A bad case of the green eyed monster me thinks. A lot of postings about this on the various angling sites as most of it was /is to crap and factually wrong to appear in the press. In fact the press did approach some of the above to confront them on the issues. Most either denied all knowledge or went extreamly quiet on the matter. "£4000 i never did make such an offer!!!".....wonderful things ...answering machines. Oh and letterheaded paper.

What makes things just as laughable is when the likes of Des Taylor one season writes openly in their weekly colume how the Ouse is a nonsense or the fish are easy and worthless, and how syndicates somehow undermine the future of fishing.The next thing the blokes in the paper on the Ouse fishing for "these fantastic specimens" on this beautiful river" "Next week ,see my photos of my French carp in an English lake caught from my £800 a year syndicate"

Nice one Des...nothing personal. Its only a wet fish after all.

Roll on free fishing for everyone!!!!!!!

I just don't think fishing that was previously available to any member with a club book should suddenly become syndicated when anglers start to catch big fish regardless of whether 1 or 100 anglers are fishing the stretch.

When the landowner "decided by himself" that he wanted to syndicate the stretch, if any of the invited anglers had any morals they should have said no, after all the original leaseholders allowed them to buy a club book to fish the stretch in the first place.

I would assume that some of the invited anglers only bought a club book originally when they found out about the fish the stretch was producing.

The original poster for this topic gave the invited few initials to hide there identity, I would put the 12 under 1 heading "PARASITES"

Guest trent.barbeler

Hi Shrinktube,

WOW!

Just to clarify.

I knew of Kickles Farm and Adams Mill a very long time ago when the whole stretch was know as "Gayhirst".

I may be wrong, but I cant remember Guy Rob being around then or fishing there but that is merely an aside really.

As for ALL wanting to fish there? Well I never have AND I have never once, not for a second, took offence or called anyone who should want to do so either in the past, the present and I assure you, the future. I have thoughts and opinion's of course, just as yourself.

My concern, from afar I admit, is for the future of other stretches along the River Great Ouse. I just happen to believe in basic club river fishing and its future.

You make some very interesting point's about what has gone off behind the scenes concerning this issue and by your own words, have proof to back up your claims. Frankly, I'm not the least bit surprised but slightly amazed that it has took this long before such events came to light.

Going by your words, clearly there has been more to this than meets the eye. I await interested for more revelations if there are any more to come.

I must say though Shrinktube, I dont think that your post will go any length to doing the Kickles Farm syndicate members any favours in the long term. If you are correct, and mere jealousy lies behind the motives of the Kickles critics. Then going on past experiences, jealousy tends to live a lot longer that the fish causing it.

Regards,

Lee.

Guest shrinktube
Originally posted by Graham E:

Well there speaks a small man with the courage of his convictions.

Shrinktube. Are you a member of the Syndicate?

No but then do you think i would admit it if i was? not on your nelly with all the rubbish that has been posted. I have my sources though and they are reliable.

Guest shrinktube

Yes Mr Trent I agree with on the jealousy thing. I wonder what will happen when a few people start to drop out as they inevitably will....who will be brave enough to say YES?

And no i don't believe that my posting will do them any good, it wasn't intended to...they don't need it. Its just that most anglers i have spoken to who read the Anglers net site are totally bored and fed up with the twoing and froing of a subject that however well or badly debated is a forgon conclusion.Most of the postings that have been against the Kickles thing have come from people who openly admit they have no interest in fishing the place anyway.I havn't seen that many comments from the supposed "hundreds" that used to fish the venue day in and day out as was claimed.

I only posted the reply to perhaps even things up and perhaps clear up a few misconceptions.

I would like to see the same energy put into the positive aspects of our sport and not keep rambling on back biting all the time, its only fishing after all.

[This message has been edited by shrinktube (edited 28 September 2001).]

I cannot believe some of the posts on this thread. Its an emotive subject alright, but everyone has his/her opinion, and some have expressed theirs withour resorting to sarcastic comments and rude remarks - unfortunately some have also resorted to their old tricks! rolleyes.gif

Guest Bruno Broughton
Originally posted by shrinktube:

Well Alan, RW may be small but hes got some F.in big mates. They will i am sure look forward to "bumping" into you sometime on the bank. Names might be good but sticks and stones are better.

Ah, a shrink tube. No profile, no real name, no email address. Just a name for a tube of heat-sensitive plastic.

I respect your right to hold an opinion and to post on here, pal, but NOT to threaten or imply violence on this thread. Alan can look after himself, but you will have offended a wide segment of the angling community with this nonsense. Please - cut the 'faeces' or go away.

------------------

Bruno