floating dog biscuits

adam_t

Guest Rabbit

Or you could use crust, if the carp are feeding at fairly close in then use crust. hook through the soft bread layer and bring hook through crust. quickly dunk in water and underarm

the lot to the waiting carp.

Use biscuits to get them feeding and crust to catch them, they home in on the crust as it is a more attractive bait.

Or you could use crust, if the carp are feeding at fairly close in then use crust. hook through the soft bread layer and bring hook through crust. quickly dunk in water and underarm

the lot to the waiting carp.

Use biscuits to get them feeding and crust to catch them, they home in on the crust as it is a more attractive bait.

I do the same, i fire out a couple of dog biscuits usually to get them confident then flick out my piece of bread and the usually all go for it rather than dog buiscuits.

And another good thing i find is that if i fire dog buiscits out the birds on the pool dont bother with them very much. Unlike bread which the haom in on.

84854438.png

Dog biscuits and bread crust are my favourite carp baits, and I only ever fish 'off the top'. Sorry guys but a beachcaster and a boilie is not my idea of fishing. I don't soak my biscuits for too long, i find that a quick dunk into lukewarm water followed by rolling them up in a damp towel overnight is just right, or like dapper64 superglue them to the hook.

Another floater fishing method I use is to chuck in some Friskies as freebies and crust on the hook.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

The method I use to surface fish is to wrap a piece of bread around the hook pinching it onto the shank and leaving the bend of the hook in the unpinched bread, the idea is to create a mushroom shaped piece of bread firmly attached to the hook shank.

Dunking the bread before casting allows you to get some reasonable distance without a controller float. It works very well, the fish don't seem wary of the bread shape and the line near the hook is underwater and so invisible.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back