Swann pushes for ‘catch and release’ angling policy

Elton

Ha ha ha, keep digging, i havn't mentioned fresh water fishing or angling, stop swerving, you have imported that one. The discussion is for a migatory specis, they consider the stock to be depleted and they are trying to do something about it. Fair play to them as opposed to clowns.

Now what about the sea fish proposel with regards to catch and release, where did you dream that one up. And does the proposel contain more rule and regulation for the rsa? Your making it up as you go along, surly.

You also havn't touched base on the condition of the stock, yet mentioned previously that there wasn't a problem and it has been the same for millions of years. Although we all appreciate that there is legislation in place to protect these salmon, they do not think it's enough.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha ha, keep digging, i havn't mentioned fresh water fishing or angling, stop swerving, you have imported that one. The discussion is for a migatory specis, they consider the stock to be depleted and they are trying to do something about it. Fair play to them as opposed to clowns.

Now what about the sea fish proposel with regards to catch and release, where did you dream that one up. And does the proposel contain more rule and regulation for the rsa? Your making it up as you go along, surly.

You also havn't touched base on the condition of the stock, yet mentioned previously that there wasn't a problem and it has been the same for millions of years. Although we all appreciate that there is legislation in place to protect these salmon, they do not think it's enough.

Barry please try reading my first post again. What I said was Quote ‘Sea anglers will never make any noticeable difference to the fish stock and I despair at the clowns who dream up this nonsense.’ I said that because I know nothing about fresh water fishing or its stock. The head line of the article however talks about catch and release as if it is some kind of savour. It is not as far as sea anglers are concerned and from what I hear all be it pub talk the fresh water sector is much the same. Catch and release is not going to save the salmon stock that apparently is in decline and the fish in poor condition to be honest stopping angling all together is not likely to make much difference if the claim is indeed true.

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

no, as an angling rep you have to be clear and specific, you clearly demonstrate that you were far off the mark and have done so throughout the topic re the salmon. You implied that there was a link between what they are discussing while assuming restriction for sea anglers, why didn't you make it clear that you imported something off topic to cloud the issue while calling the minister as a clown at the same time. Perhaps you can make clear, exactly who are the clowns that you dispair of with reference to the rsa restrictions that you talk about.

Might be prudent for you to set up a rsa topic re the rsa legislation that you say are being introduced that we can have a look at, to avoid confusion. What nonsence are you reffering to?

Have you now changed your mind re the salmon stock in that area, because you now mention an 'apparent' decline?

Here is a difficult one, every season, reports of hundreds of anglers targeting salmon while they move up rivers to spawn, many times you see them releasing in particular fish full of roe who's only objective is to spawn, are those anglers wrong in your mind, should they be knocking them on the head instead, that is what you are suggesting?

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

no, as an angling rep you have to be clear and specific, you clearly demonstrate that you were far off the mark and have done so throughout the topic re the salmon. You implied that there was a link between what they are discussing while assuming restriction for sea anglers, why didn't you make it clear that you imported something off topic to cloud the issue while calling the minister as a clown at the same time. Perhaps you can make clear, exactly who are the clowns that you dispair of with reference to the rsa restrictions that you talk about.

Might be prudent for you to set up a rsa topic re the rsa legislation that you say are being introduced that we can have a look at, to avoid confusion. What nonsence are you reffering to?

Have you now changed your mind re the salmon stock in that area, because you now mention an 'apparent' decline?

Here is a difficult one, every season, reports of hundreds of anglers targeting salmon while they move up rivers to spawn, many times you see them releasing in particular fish full of roe who's only objective is to spawn, are those anglers wrong in your mind, should they be knocking them on the head instead, that is what you are suggesting?

I use the word ‘apparent’ because we have heard it all before as in the scientist are wrong or the CFP is to blame (talking sea fish you understand) Now there is this claim which is backed by the ‘CULTURE’ minister and MP pushing for a restriction that I have no faith in what so ever and that is ‘MY OPINION’ not Bob Shotter RSA-UK or Bob Shotter CIFCA or wearing any other angling rep hat.

As for your last paragraph how about comparing that with your comment ‘They know where the Bass shoal and if they wanted to they could quite easily put a stop in place without affecting other stock.’ I take it then you wouldn’t be to upset if there was a closed season, are rowed up salmon any different to rowed up Bass Pollack Cod Bream (take note Reg Phillips) or any species for that matter.

.....are rowed up salmon any different to rowed up Bass Pollack Cod Bream (take note Reg Phillips) or any species for that matter.

er, yes

http://www.marine.ie/home/services/operati...ntic+Salmon.htm

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

I use the word ‘apparent’ because we have heard it all before as in the scientist are wrong or the CFP is to blame (talking sea fish you understand) Now there is this claim which is backed by the ‘CULTURE’ minister and MP pushing for a restriction that I have no faith in what so ever and that is ‘MY OPINION’ not Bob Shotter RSA-UK or Bob Shotter CIFCA or wearing any other angling rep hat.

As for your last paragraph how about comparing that with your comment ‘They know where the Bass shoal and if they wanted to they could quite easily put a stop in place without affecting other stock.’ I take it then you wouldn’t be to upset if there was a closed season, are rowed up salmon any different to rowed up Bass Pollack Cod Bream (take note Reg Phillips) or any species for that matter.

You started commenting with authority as if you know best followed by comments that you have failed to back up with anything credible regarding rsa restriction, as opposed to saying SORRY i thought they were refering to sea fish restrictions. Now you have come up with loads of diddley squat. Why as an angler would i consider a closed season, you can reply to that one after you have substantiated the restrictions you was on about along with the telling us all about the clowns etc, etc. Gawed. No one is dreaming up this nonsence, only you, so there isn't anyone who you can be in dispair of surly?

Don't start flailing around re the bass, as you have already excepted the likes of dart angler mentioning, no shortage, along with no evidence of shortages etc, so there is no reason to consider a stop, unless you or the french know better. In that case please enlighten us, after, again you expand your rsa restriction mentioned.

Edited by barry luxton

You started commenting with authority as if you know best followed by comments that you have failed to back up with anything credible regarding rsa restriction, as opposed to saying SORRY i thought they were refering to sea fish restrictions. Now you have come up with loads of diddley squat. Why as an angler would i consider a closed season, you can reply to that one after you have substantiated the restrictions you was on about along with the telling us all about the clowns etc, etc. Gawed. No one is dreaming up this nonsence, only you, so there isn't anyone who you can be in dispair of surly?

Don't start flailing around re the bass, as you have already excepted the likes of dart angler mentioning, no shortage, along with no evidence of shortages etc, so there is no reason to consider a stop, unless you or the french know better. In that case please enlighten us, after, again you expand your rsa restriction mentioned.

Catch and release Barry is a sea angler’s choice at present and should remain so as RSA is sustainable unless you have evidence to the contrary.

Wouldn’t as an angler consider a closed season says all we need to know about you old son. You would put angling before the fish stock if and when a given stock is proven to be in danger of collaps.

Edited by Bob Shotter

Catch and release Barry is a sea angler’s choice at present

Not always, at least not legally.

It's illegal for sea-anglers to retain shad (both allis and twaite), tope, and eels (of the species Anguilla anguilla).

Or salmon and sea-trout (unless the sea-angler has the correct EA rod-licence).

Or under-sized fish (of any species subject to a legal minimum landing size).

(Probably any blue-fin tuna as well).

It's also possible that other sharks and rays will be added to the list later

http://archive.defra.gov.uk/environment/ma...vation-plan.pdf

......These species should be given additional, bespoke protection, following scientific advice at all times, including measures such as bans on targeted commercial fisheries, legal protection that covers all forms of angling and disturbance and prohibitions on landings and trade.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust