Fishing rules for council controlled water

rs_kipling

Yes there is

Its the one that the controlling body, in this case the council decide to impiment, no different to clubs, they will have different rules for different waters they own

Thanks Brian, what I was actually wondering about was who's rules I need to adhere to if I am fishing places that dont require a permit i.e. non baliffed water. I guess I am answering my own question, but I suppose I just need to contact the local authority prior to visiting.

Quite often you will find the rules posted up either at the water, or on the controlling body's web site

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

other then whether to use barbed or barbless what more do you need to know?

i would bring both and start to fish with barbless and when the bailiff turns up to collect the money i would ask

i cant think of many places that insist on barbed but there are a few but they tend not to be council run

if in doubt run rig and barbless hook with natural bait should ensure you dont break any rules ebfore you know them all

Azree

Let us see rather that like Janus—or better, like Yama, the Brahmin god of death—religion has two faces, one very friendly, one very gloomy...” Arthur Schopenhaur

if in doubt run rig and barbless hook with natural bait should ensure you dont break any rules ebfore you know them all

Might spoil his chances of catching if hes fishing for roach though? surely EVERYONE doesnt fish for carp even in these dark times?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

surely EVERYONE doesnt fish for carp even in these dark times?

i think you will find they do

rs what are u after

Edited by azrael

Azree

Let us see rather that like Janus—or better, like Yama, the Brahmin god of death—religion has two faces, one very friendly, one very gloomy...” Arthur Schopenhaur

i think you will find they do

Actually, on this forum we have a number of members who never target carp, many who do so on occasion, and possibly a few who mainly/only go after carp.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President