most popular pond fish

craig mason

not sure about the goldfish living through anything . . if you have a good stockist near you koi then you are lucky. On average I would say the that the humble goldfish has the highest mortality rate in my pond . .

my other fish is a pike though :D

joking apart . . I find I lose more Goldies than anything and then followed by the sarasa comets . . my most hardies to date are

tench

rudd

orfe

carp are in the middle and seem to be luckier the bigger they are

hey waddaya know I can spell tomato !

Got to agree with Koi here, the humble Goldfish must outsell everything & providing you don't stock your pond with the delicate, & to me ugly, fancy varieties then they are almost bombproof.

Couple this with the fact that they breed readily, are a very visible & friendly fish, plus they come in a wide range of colours & you have the almost perfect pond fish. :D

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.